Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 5:13:51 AM EDT
I plan on making a integral 9mm upper for my AR-15. My suppressor is  a 1-1/2" suppressor which is about 1/4 inch larger than most 9mm suppressors.
What is the inner daimeter of a KAC rail system?
Are there any other rail systems that can accomidate a 1.5" can?
Thanks Mike K  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you try calling the companies directly?  I'm pretty sure the YHM handguards will fit, but give them a call.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I plan on making a integral 9mm upper for my AR-15. My suppressor is  a 1-1/2" suppressor which is about 1/4 inch larger than most 9mm suppressors.
What is the inner daimeter of a KAC rail system?
Are there any other rail systems that can accomidate a 1.5" can?
Thanks Mike K  

Sounds like you need a "tube" forend.  The odd "+" shape of the DD and Larue makes it a little internally restrictive.

PRi comes to mind, and would be my first choice in your situation.  PRi tubes have a 2" OD, and they're what MSTN used when he did a run with integral suppressors.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#3]
What suppressor is it?

My CAC 9 doesn't fit under most handguards, actually it hasn't fit under any I've tried yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
A 1.5 can will fit inside a YHM 4 rail FF tube

hope it helps  

Invisiblesoul
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top