Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:29:07 PM EDT
I was wondering if it would be better for me to remove my a-3 carry handle and mount my eotech on there with a buis? Or should I just buy some new handguards like yankee machine and mount it on the rails at the end of the new handguards.

I was told that it was better to have the eotech mounted further down the gun? better for CQC?
I am a police officer and I need to find out the best way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:49:04 AM EDT
I was never a fan of mounting optics out on the HG’s. I also have the YHM 4 railed HG’s and as many others here will tell you they are not intended to mount optics on. If you have a carry handle and EOTech and are a fan of co-witnessing a BUIS with A2 style optics try cutting your CH into a BUIS.

Here are some pics of my M4gery when I was running a EOTech/CCH BUIS combo.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:10:58 AM EDT
I much prefer "on the flat-top" with a BUIS.

I've found that I don't like "stuff" mounted on my forend. That's where I grab the rifle to carry, to lean up against something, to pick up from where it's leaning, etc. With that big-ole' EO on the forend, you've just taken away "holding" space.

For me, the PERFECT set-up (given my big head) has been an EOTech on a RRA Dominator. Mounted directly to the flat-top is just too low for me (and again, my big head).
I have plans for another upper/EOTech combo, and that one will be getting the LaRue mount and either an ARMS #40 (left-over) or the LaRue A1.
I agree with QUIB that you could try the chopped BUIS. Or you could sell your carry handle to fund a dominator or other BUIS.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:59:43 PM EDT
Yes that was what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure.Thanks alot guys
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:39:21 AM EDT
I brought my personal EO 552 here to Iraq. I was issued an aimpoint, but prefer EO. Anyway, back home I mounted it on the receiver with an arms 40L BUIS. I started out with it the same way here. However, I moved it to the front handguard so I could mount an AN/PVS 17 night sight on the receiver. From butt to muzzle I had a BUIS, the 17 mount, and the 552. I liked having the 552 forward, but didn't keep it there very long. I moved it back to the receiver because I was issued a PEQ 2, which is now on the top rail. I keep the PVS 17 on my helmet now. From butt to muzzle I now have a BUIS, and EO on the receiver, and the PEQ 2 on the front rail. You should try to borrow a forward mount EOtech set up to see if you like it. Some people claim it cuts down on tunnel vision. It did seem to do that. You would definitely need a very solid front rail system to mount it forward, especially for police work, which is what I do back home.
Top Top