Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:04:53 PM EDT
I was looking at getting an aimpoint Comp ML3 but I was wondering if I should get the one with the 2 MOA dot or the 4 MOA dot. I am looking to use it for CQB and for shooting from 100-200 yards in distance. Which is better for my needs and what really is the difference in the dot sizes between the two?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:30:34 PM EDT
Personally, I find it very hard to use the 4MOA dot accurately beyond 100 yards. My buddy has the 2MOA model and after one shot from his rifle I wish I had it. I can pick up the 2MOA dot just as fast as the 4 but my eyes have always been good like that. If you can get to a gun show and look through both it will help a lot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:38:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triggeritch:
Personally, I find it very hard to use the 4MOA dot accurately beyond 100 yards. My buddy has the 2MOA model and after one shot from his rifle I wish I had it. I can pick up the 2MOA dot just as fast as the 4 but my eyes have always been good like that. If you can get to a gun show and look through both it will help a lot.

I totally agree. I had the m3 4MOA dot and then got the Magnifier and it was not good. The 2MOA is more veratile.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:45:36 PM EDT
Go with the 2MOA dot, you could always turn it up a bit.
Top Top