Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:58:45 PM EDT
I recall seeing a torque wrench with one of the entry rifles (knights?) for the Mil's new 7.62 platform... it was used to ensure the scope was tightened down to 55-60lbs torque for return to zero.

I thought, hey, good idea!
www.wihatools.com/285vario_s.htm

Check it out, kinda pricey but you NEED the adjustment tool to change the rating. So you'll know for sure its at the setting every time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#1]
there are plenty of different options out there. imo if its set right the first time how many times will you actually use that tool? imo the screwdriver torque wrench would be limited on what could be torqued and i would think the traditional torque wrench would be more useful.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
pricey, but a cool idea
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Eric Brooks has some torque drivers available on his site. They run from about $20-$50 and some of them are used. I don't have any, but I've dealt with him and I'd recommend him as a seller.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
there are plenty of different options out there. imo if its set right the first time how many times will you actually use that tool? imo the screwdriver torque wrench would be limited on what could be torqued and i would think the traditional torque wrench would be more useful.

Quite alot actually. I only plan on having about 3 rifles. One dedicated for home defense and the other ones are range toys. The range toys will be swapped optics quite a bit as the range goes from 25 yards to 225 yards.

Those wrenches only goto 20lbs... KAC had theirs doing double that. Not sure if there is actual reasoning to it but I am sure KAC knows a thing or two about 1000m capable guns.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top