Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 11:18:25 AM EDT
Fella's
 It would sure help us "wanta haves" to know what you think of your new USO SN4. I'm tring to get a handle on all this high dollor which scope to buy stuff. What better info than from you fellas.
Also if any other SN4 owners want to chime in go for it.
                                               regards,
                                                           dj
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one.  I have one on order and I own a USO SN3 so I know what to expect.  

A crazy wide field of view with great clarity and solid construction at an extreme price.  That said it gets more complicated.  

The $175 or whatever dollar illuminated reticle appears to be the same equipment found on my $50 Bec.  That's OK I guess because it works and I can't get it without paying the price.  

The objective lense could use a larger diameter for optimal night vision use.  that would be a nice option like a 44mm lense.  

The glass transmits light really well so it shoudl still work OK even though it doesn't have the huge obj.  

The JP1 reticle gives you a variable power ACOG. At a $180 up charge.  Trijicon could do that but they aren't trying hard enough so this is the only way you will get it.

The non-fixed eye-relief sucks.  That means re-focusing night vision every time you change the magnification.  

All in all probably the best optic availible today for an M4 or shorter Ar15 or M16.  There's room for improvement though but due to USO's workload they won't have any incentive to do it.

I say that because the USO will permit ranging and engageing distant targets with nightvision.  On dark nights it could use the bigger obj, and that fixed eye relief would make it far more user friendly.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Green O, what optics currently have fixed eye relief at various magnifications?

US Optics are expensive, have crappy illumination systems that run out of juice in under 12 hours and are the heaviest scopes made. If weight, price or illumination systems are major points then they suck but other than that they are excellent scopes.  I think the glass in an SN4 weighs more than an entire TA31.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top