Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:08:10 AM EDT
I'm thinking about buying one of these soon, just wanting to get some thoughts from people who have one or have used one. I had an EOTech, and I liked it, but the tx30 looks interesting. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:59:12 PM EDT
Since you are a paying member, do a search for the term "Tripower". There were a couple of really good posts on that optic very recently.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:22:25 PM EDT
I didn't use the word Tripower in the search, so maybe that's why I didn't find anything useful. I'll try that, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:38:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 7:42:17 PM EDT by CSGunWorkscom]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:33:37 PM EDT
I bought my Tripower from Mike at CSGunworks, and it's been great. I was worried that I was taking a big gamble because they had just barely re-released it, but I have been so impressed with the new Tripower. IMHO, it is the best reflex sight you can get. I prefer the chevron reticle over anything else I've shot with including EOTech and Aimpoint. It's not the cheapest, but I think it is arguably the best.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:58:16 PM EDT
From another post to the board, I read the flattop mount included with the TX30 is too low to properly co-witness with a front post sight. That said, which spacer is proper for an ARMS #22TX30?

Also, if there is another mount which I should be considering, please let me know, but do at least include some rationale. Too often, I see posts/replies on ARFCOM that say "product X" without the first shread of reasoning. If I already knew how great the other product was, I wouldn't be asking.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:31:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By -Watcher-:
From another post to the board, I read the flattop mount included with the TX30 is too low to properly co-witness with a front post sight. That said, which spacer is proper for an ARMS #22TX30?

Also, if there is another mount which I should be considering, please let me know, but do at least include some rationale. Too often, I see posts/replies on ARFCOM that say "product X" without the first shread of reasoning. If I already knew how great the other product was, I wouldn't be asking.

I had asked the same question and the consensus was the Larue Aimpoint mounts should work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:45:18 AM EDT
After a bit of research, it stands that the full spacer is required to raise the sight to co-witness with a front post sight. Alternatey, the forward offset spacer achieves the same height.
Top Top