Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:08:10 AM EDT
    I'm thinking about buying one of these soon, just wanting to get some thoughts from people who have one or have used one.  I had an EOTech, and I liked it, but the tx30 looks interesting.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you are a paying member, do a search for the term "Tripower". There were a couple of really good posts on that optic very recently.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't use the word Tripower in the search, so maybe that's why I didn't find anything useful.  I'll try that, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought my Tripower from Mike at CSGunworks, and it's been great.  I was worried that I was taking a big gamble because they had just barely re-released it, but I have been so impressed with the new Tripower.  IMHO, it is the best reflex sight you can get.  I prefer the chevron reticle over anything else I've shot with including EOTech and Aimpoint.  It's not the cheapest, but I think it is arguably the best.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
From another post to the board, I read the flattop mount included with the TX30 is too low to properly co-witness with a front post sight.  That said, which spacer is proper for an ARMS #22TX30?

Also, if there is another mount which I should be considering, please let me know, but do at least include some rationale.  Too often, I see posts/replies on ARFCOM that say "product X" without the first shread of reasoning.  If I already knew how great the other product was, I wouldn't be asking.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
From another post to the board, I read the flattop mount included with the TX30 is too low to properly co-witness with a front post sight.  That said, which spacer is proper for an ARMS #22TX30?

Also, if there is another mount which I should be considering, please let me know, but do at least include some rationale.  Too often, I see posts/replies on ARFCOM that say "product X" without the first shread of reasoning.  If I already knew how great the other product was, I wouldn't be asking.

I had asked the same question and the consensus was the Larue Aimpoint mounts should work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]
After a bit of research, it stands that the full spacer is required to raise the sight to co-witness with a front post sight.  Alternatey, the forward offset spacer achieves the same height.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top