Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/4/2006 8:45:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 10:26:25 PM EDT by silveradoguy17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:50:50 AM EDT
Where did your dad get the sight. Off a military rifle?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:59:25 AM EDT
Ebay here.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:07:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By QUIB:
Ebay here.

www.hunt101.com/img/362001-big.jpg

Nice Pic!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:17:35 PM EDT
Thanks! I’ve been studying the works of the famous photographer “ Stickman”.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:48:28 PM EDT
Yes, it is a good back up sight, I have one also but since I have no optic at this point, I run the carry handle.

If you want to leave the carry handle on, then that's fine. If you want to run the back up sight instead, that is fine too. You can't run both at the same time if that's what you're wondering.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:33:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By silveradoguy17:
I just ordered my new AR and my dad brought me home a set of MA TECH BUIS from iraq. I was just wondering if they are any good? Any one run these on their rigs?

Im a big fan of KISS, keep it simple, and id like to leave my A-3 detach carry handle on.

Whats the Pros and Cons of the MA TECH BUIS?

So you are posting on a large, public forum that your dad stole a piece of military equipment and gave it to you?!? Granted that's probably how most of these have ended up on e-bay and other sales forums, but come on man use your damn head. At the very least you're admitting your dad is a thief and you are no better.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:44:47 PM EDT
I have one on my A4gery. My only complaint is the windage knob is too close to the charging handle. Other than that, they are very nice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 3:51:28 PM EDT by wildearp]

Originally Posted By Unicorn:

Originally Posted By silveradoguy17:
I just ordered my new AR and my dad brought me home a set of MA TECH BUIS from iraq. I was just wondering if they are any good? Any one run these on their rigs?

Im a big fan of KISS, keep it simple, and id like to leave my A-3 detach carry handle on.

Whats the Pros and Cons of the MA TECH BUIS?

So you are posting on a large, public forum that your dad stole a piece of military equipment and gave it to you?!? Granted that's probably how most of these have ended up on e-bay and other sales forums, but come on man use your damn head. At the very least you're admitting your dad is a thief and you are no better.

YOu are a presumptive ass. Maybe you should IM this bullshit. It is quite probable that Dad purchased it off the EE or Ebay prior to going over to the sandbox.

I bought two Matechs off the EE, one for $80 and the other for $100. They are good hardware. If you aren't running an optic, I would suggest not using the Matech. If you leave the post up and your gun gets dropped, you will probably be in deep doo doo. It is a backup sight. Not a primary sight.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:19:01 PM EDT
Anyone who’s been in the military knows that things can be obtained over time. For example mags. When I ETS’d in 1992 I was told to keep my 7-30 rd mags I was issued……and I did.

The unit I was assigned to after the Gulf War bought a bunch of crap during the build up which they ended up not using. Drop lights, extension cords, even a Singer sewing machine! The CO said take it home or it’s going in the trash dumpster!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:22:05 PM EDT

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:23:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 8:37:26 PM EDT by mcgrubbs]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:54:04 PM EDT
Hey thanx everyone, i think for now, well when i get it, im just gonna mount the eo tech scout style and leave the carry handle on, but dont worry, the ma tech will be on sooner or later.

Unicorn, why dont you take your mystical horn on your gay horse's head and shove it up your ass
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:05:29 PM EDT
Somewhere in Iraq there is an infantryman going into harm's way with no BUIS.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:14:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 1:00:38 AM EDT by GAU5-A-A]

Anyone who’s been in the military knows that things can be obtained over time. For example mags. When I ETS’d in 1992 I was told to keep my 7-30 rd mags I was issued……and I did.

The unit I was assigned to after the Gulf War bought a bunch of crap during the build up which they ended up not using. Drop lights, extension cords, even a Singer sewing machine! The CO said take it home or it’s going in the trash dumpster!

My experiences were similar.

When I was part of recovering a crashed bomber, the wing finance officer carried $50,000 in cash to the site, to be used at commander’s discretion, for whatever they deemed appropriate to getting the mission accomplished. We bought all kinds of equipment, tools, supplies, and when we were done, it was given away, because it was non-accountable property, and most the Sqdns didn’t want the hassle of adding it to inventory and/or it was not authorized for their unit. I tried turning in a case of smoke grenades not acquired through our military acquisition process. Was told to get it off base and never mention it again.

As far as personal equipment, it depends on the individual unit. I got to keep almost all of my USAF flying gear, except the parachute. Probably $3000 in gear. Some of it was custom fitted, but most of it was not, like survival knife, sunglasses, hack watch, flight clothing, kneeboards, flashlight etc, etc.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:28:18 AM EDT
+1

When I was deployed to Desert Storm our Aviation Life Support Equipment NCO came down with a huge box of survival vest items, survival knifes, magnesium fire starters ect, ect. A shit load of things that he had extra that he knew we could make good use of……these things were given to us to keep.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:21:06 PM EDT

Just a little black humor!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:34:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 6:34:49 PM EDT by wildearp]

Originally Posted By AyeGuy:

.....and somewhere another arfcommer is wetting the bed over it.

/just a little yellow humor.

Anybody who has managed an Inspector General's inspection knows that extra gear disappears. You will get in deep doodoo for it, regardless of what channel it is obtained or traded through. This gear goes home with people that can use it, or it goes in the trash. Every fucking day.

Get over yourselves. At least some welfare momma with 4 offspring didn't get it and aren't selling it on ebay for crack money.

Also to the original poster, get a correct mount for placing it on the flat top. You will immediately be able to use the BUIS. You will probably be able to find a used one cheap.
Top Top