Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:51:40 PM EDT
I just bought a TA-45 off of the EE, i already own a TA-50R and there is no comparision when it comes to brightness the 50 is alot more, the guy that i bought the TA-45 from told me it was 3yrs old the seriel number is 4271, is it normal for these things to loose there intensity in a few years?
or is the amber that much less intense?

Thanks
Paul
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:55:43 PM EDT
After 10 years, the reticle is suppose tio be 1/2 as bright.

The color is independent of the user. Some see Red better, some see Amber Better. I see Anber Beter than Red.

Send it to Trijicon if you're not happy. They'll give yu the staright G2.

Tack
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:56:19 PM EDT
After 10 years, the reticle is suppose tio be 1/2 as bright.

The color is independent of the user. Some see Red better, some see Amber Better. I see Amber Better than Red.

Send it to Trijicon if you're not happy. They'll give you the straight G2.

Tack
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:04:18 PM EDT
Ok Tack you got me, whats the straight G2?

Paul.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:31 AM EDT
call or email trijicon and give them the serial# they will be able to tell you exactly how old the acog is but i think the color difference is what you are seeing.

i myself feel that the red reticles are at least twice as bright as amber ones when comparing both new optics
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 5:32:40 AM EDT by Qball]
Well i mounted it to a flat top [Larue excellent mount] and headed off to the range, in the low light the recticle is black, the only time i have a yellow dot is when there is light enough for the flouresnt tube, anybody ever have to deal with Trijicon,

Paul.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:20:59 PM EDT
A few months back I ran across a smokin' deal for 2 TA11's. One was 1 year old and the other 3 years old. Holding them side by side the older one was nearly twice as bright. I sent the new one into Trijicon (Top notch people, no fear dealing with them) and they replaced the BAC tube on top. Good as new as far as I am concerned.
Call them and send it in. Done deal & good luck ..
Top Top