Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 8:51:40 PM EDT
I just bought a TA-45 off of the EE, i already own a TA-50R and there is no comparision when it comes to brightness the 50 is alot more, the guy that i bought the TA-45 from told me it was 3yrs old the seriel number is 4271, is it normal for these things to loose there intensity in a few years?
or is the amber that much less intense?

Thanks
Paul
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
After 10 years, the reticle is suppose tio be 1/2 as bright.

The color is independent of the user. Some see Red better, some see Amber Better. I see Anber Beter than Red.

Send it to Trijicon if you're not happy. They'll give yu the staright G2.

Tack
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
After 10 years, the reticle is suppose tio be 1/2 as bright.

The color is independent of the user. Some see Red better, some see Amber Better. I see Amber Better than Red.

Send it to Trijicon if you're not happy. They'll give you the straight G2.

Tack
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok Tack you got me, whats the straight G2?

Paul.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
call or email trijicon and give them the serial# they will be able to tell you exactly how old the acog is but i think the color difference is what you are seeing.

i myself feel that the red reticles are at least twice as bright as amber ones when comparing both new optics
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Well i mounted it to a flat top [Larue excellent mount] and headed off to the range, in the low light the recticle is black, the only time i have a yellow dot is when there is light enough for the flouresnt tube, anybody ever have to deal with Trijicon,

Paul.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
  A few months back I ran across a smokin' deal for 2 TA11's. One was 1 year old and the other 3 years old.  Holding them side by side the older one was nearly twice as bright. I sent the new one into Trijicon (Top notch people, no fear dealing with them) and they replaced the BAC tube on top. Good as new as far as I am concerned.
  Call them and send it in. Done deal & good luck ..
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top