Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 7:12:54 PM EDT
Im trying to decide wich to get, Aimpoint CompML2 or CompML3. Money isn't a factor here, just wondering if its worth it to spend the extra $$ on the ML3. Tell me what youd go with and why please.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I just want to buy you a beer for not asking "Whats the best Aimpoint knockoff."
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If you "need" the 2MOA dot - then the M3 is of course the only way to go.

For the 4MOA dot do not see a really reason to pefer the M3, unless the price is close (in which case get the newest).  Even the longer rated battery life might not be that much different at the normal "non night vision" settings - or at least that it the local gun store rummor.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
ML3 hands down. It's only an extra $50 or so for five times the battery life.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered an ML3. I chose it over the ML2 because of battery life and 2 MOA dot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]
CompM2, just because it is the only one I can buy with my star card.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]
m3 if money is no object along with some sort of nv to sit behind it

but out of the two ml3 for the battery life and moa option
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just ordered an ML3. I chose it over the ML2 because of battery life and 2 MOA dot.

+5
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got a 4MOA ML2.

I shoot 4MOA at 200 yards from my 14.5" carbine.  I've also been shooting my ML2 a few times a month for the last two years on the same battery.  I'm more than satifsfied.  I'll also never pony up my left testicle for a quality NV scope....so the ML series is my choice as well.

At some point you have to come to terms with BRD and realize that you don't always have to surf the technology wave of AR15 gear.

If I was going to Iraq or something of that noble nature, I'd go with an ACOG anyway
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
At some point you have to come to terms with BRD and realize that you don't always have to surf the technology wave of AR15 gear.

Truer words were never written.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just want to buy you a beer for not asking "Whats the best Aimpoint knockoff."

Quoted:

Those are  basically the only differences between the two that  I can see from the specs. I just wasnt sure if one was more reliable than the other, or whatever. Either way, i figure ill just go with the ML3, figured I might as well since I have the money to spend at the moment Thanks everyone for your input.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

no joke...

also, if you buy the ML3 you'll get the free rubber cover...
which you can later sell on the EE for $20
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top