Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:23:39 PM EDT
Just went over 500 rds today with one, so far so good.
Anyone else using one, with good or bad results on their AR-15
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
i had one, but there must have been a problem with it, cause even when turned off, the battery died in about a week.

I also had problems with it on a bright sunny day.  Basically became washed out.

Decided to spend the money and get the Aimpoint, and havent looked back.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one that came with the first AR I bought from someone. Have never compared it with an aimpoint, but it's not too bad. Maintains accuracy fairly well, and is minute of deer out to 300 yards. Mounted it on a A2 and only gripe is I have to compensate for shorter distances, but that is not due to the sight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i agree on bright sunny days the dot could be more intense. I have very limited experience with red dot scopes. These BSA's basically seems okay for a weekend warrior, i figured if and when it broke i would just throw it away. My next question is what is the average battery run time on the higher end models the BSA seems to be approx 2hrs maybe alittle more, then a new battery is needed.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Aimpoint claims that average lifespan of the M3 and ML3 are approx 50,000 hours.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a BSA on my AR for a while, but the dot started blinking out under the recoil of the rifle.  I put it back on my 10/22, where it has had no problems, and bought a EoTech.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#6]
actually watched the dot shift to the left under recoil.

now i'm using a Red Head brand 1" from the bass pro shops, it's almost identical to the Bushnell red dot, ran about 100 rds through it yesterday with no loss of zero. Will keep abusing it to see how well it holds up. so far i like it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just went over 500 rds today with one, so far so good.
Anyone else using one, with good or bad results on their AR-15

Ran one on a .40cal upper for a while till it broke. Somehow crached the rear lens. Managed to break one of the screws off too. But I'm kinda hard on optics sometimes

When it goes, if you want something to replace it that won't break the bank look at the SPOT, it's really good range/fun gun optic. Will cots ya a bit more ($150ish) but it's worth the price for what you get from it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Aimpoint claims that average lifespan of the M3 and ML3 are approx 50,000 hours.

So roughly 5.7 years, has it even been on the market that long?  How do they know?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top