AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is it some people get away with turning good threads to shit. Va_Dinger, you need to go read the thread about tacpoint trolling. All you seem to be doing is trying to stir up shit. Take it elseware if the Tacpoint is not for you. By the way. I own one, and for the price its a damn nice sight. Looksnothing like what you posted in your pics and was not designed as a toy. Thanks for looking...................
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
<Removed--see your prior post.>
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#4]
[deleted - no post to reply to]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Being a reputable Aimpoint dealer (or so I think) I will comment on the battery life of the Aimpoint. It is my understanding (from reliable sources) that a full day light power setting (where the dot is visable) will run between 1000-1200 hours....
C4

That's MUCH better than the ~7.6 days for the TP, that's for sure ... :)

Is a CR 1/3N battery the same as a 2L76 or DL1/3N ??
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the CR 1/3N, 2L76, and DL 1/3N are all interchangeable.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, the CR 1/3N, 2L76, and DL 1/3N are all interchangeable.

Interchangeable, yes, but are they equal in capacity?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, they are "relatively equal" in capacity, depending on what manufacturer is making them.
In nearly all battery types, there are some differences in capacity, and some are a little more capacity than others. It is not necessarily related to the number.

The typical capacity for a CR 1/3N, 2L76, and DL 1/3N is about 160mAh(milliamp/hour)
Some manufacturers versions may be as low as 135mAh, and I've seen some up to maybe 190mAh. Some just don't list the capacity at all. Depends on the brand.

I just bought some Duracell DL 1/3N and they have 160mAh listed on the package. I think there are some Energizer 2L76 versions out there with about 190mAh, but I'm not sure what they are called. Like Super Energizer, or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Being a reputable Aimpoint dealer (or so I think) I will comment on the battery life of the Aimpoint. It is my understanding (from reliable sources) that a full day light power setting (where the dot is visable) will run between 1000-1200 hours....

Thanks Grant.  Thats about what I would expect according to aimpoints 1,000-10,000 hour estimate.  The higher settings should be in the lower range of the 1,000-10,000 estimate, which does appear to be the case.  That 7.6 day figure on the tacpoint comes out to about 182 hours, so it appears the aimpoints CET technology does still have a much better battery life than the tacpoint, which is what we all expected to be the case.  I also noticed, aimpoint lists the "CompC SM" model (which apparently doesn't have the CET technology) with a battery life of 100-1,000 hours, which would put it much more in the range of the tacpoint battery life.  "Aimpoint" said he was double checking the numbers for us, so hopefully he will soon be able to let us know if there was a mistake on one of the figures.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I have confirmed that 0.05 mA is correct at the 9th position on the potentiometer.  To address the other confusion regarding battery life:

On the lowest night vision setting, the CompM2 will operate for over 100,000 hours!  That is based on calculations using current consumed and available power in a battery according to Duracell specs.  If you do the math, that's a little over 11.4 years.  Since, according to the same manufacturer's specs, the shelf life of a DL1/3N battery is 10 years, it might not work out like that in real life.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do better answering direct questions, and i don't want to be accused of "trolling" by launching into a pro-Aimpoint sales pitch.

Mike.

Mike / AKA Aimpoint,
Any chance you pressure tested the Tac-point too?
That's a direct question, you so you are not trolling if you answer it either way. (BTW, this place is so "Pro Aimpoint " you would think some of these guys are getting free product everytime the say your name. )

Buy Aimpoint!
Buy Aimpoint!
Buy Aimpoint!
Buy Aimpoint!
Buy Aimpoint!
Buy Aimpoint!

Buy cheap Asian crap!
Buy cheap Asian crap!
Buy cheap Asian crap!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top