Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 7:38:38 PM EDT
I was thinking of picking one of these up until I make my mind up about an Aimpoint or Tri-Power.  For only $150 bucks and I can always use it at IPSC or just toss it on my non duty use rifle.  I was wondering if anybody has played with these and if possible could take a pic of the sight picture lines up with the iron sights.  From my obsevations it sets rather low on the flat top and seems that the front post would be higher then the dot.  Thanks.  Sorry again for the second long post, I'm bored.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the pics.  The last one looks good but in the first one it looks like it is lower then the front site is this true or just a bad pic?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these and I don't like it.

I have found that the dot is too fuzzy.

I have found a slight parallax issue, where point of aim is slightly affected when your cheek weld changes.

If rain gets on it just right, the light will scatter.  My friend had this happen at our shooting match.  He couldn't see the dot.

The lens/reflector works by filtering colors so that the red light will reflect off of the back and to your eye.  This color filtering effect, for me at least, made certain targets hard to see in certain lighting conditions.  When the paint had worn off of the steel plates a little, and it was muddy out, there was less distinction between the plates and the dirt.

My buddy eventually broke his OKO after trying to tighten the *plastic* mounts it has.

This sight was OK or me for a while.  I eventually upgraded to a Leupold CQ/T.  I really like it.

You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Q.  Would anyone choose the Hakko over the OKO?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I also run the OKO, preferring it to the Aimpoint COMP, C-More and EOTech. Like SinistralRifleman, I prefer the added height and resulting sight picture afforded by the SC4 mount.

My reviews can be found here:
[URL]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/argear.html[/URL]

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top