Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 4:30:31 PM EDT

Cruising around the funshow and saw a table with some ML2's and TA01's so I headed over. Looking around I saw something that seemed familar.. checked it out. Tri-Power indeed. My first impressions were that the sight seemed rather fragile, unlike the ACOG's surrounding it on the table and the Aimpoints. Looking through the sight, it seemed almost identical to an ML2 except the "dot" was a chevron much like that of the ACOG chevron. I didnt get to spend nearly as much time as I had hoped playing around with it but still got a feel for it. My main worry with it would be the controls and perhaps its ruggedness.

I checked trijicon's website and they still say it's not out yet. Anybody else seen one??
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it kind of small, too?
Look outta place on an AR10, maybe?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty small when compared to Aimpoints

might look odd sitting atop an AR10
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw one of the production models as well. That reddish glare people have mentioned here was easily seen. One of the brightness control buttons was also broken. Everyone knows how long I have been hyped to get one of these, but after seeing this one, I'll pass. Maybe they will improve the design? I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I got to look at one this weekend as well. The plastic body did not give the feeling of overall ruggedness that Trijicon is famous for. The Chevron was interesting and the idea of the tri power is cool but for the money I will stick with my aimpoints.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
If they came out with one with a forged aluminum body and a donut, I think it would be unstoppable.  It may be good right now, it just doesn't have the track record of an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I had been awaiting the release of the Tri-Power for a long time. I must say that all of the remarks I have read about them really upsets me.

I still have not yet purchased a dot sight for my AR yet but will probably go ahead and get an Aimpoint and then maybe upgrade to a Tri-Power one day down the road when they work the kinks out of them.  

I had really looked forward to a sight (that is worth a damn) that I could put on my duty rifle where I would not have to be concerned with turning a knob on to activate the sight when I was being faced with the tunnel vision and loss of fine motor skills that are associated with the initiation of a gun fight. I had hoped that all I would have to worry about would be getting my rifle out of its storage location in my squad car and just employing it right away.

Guess I will just have to wait a bit longer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.trijicon.com/parts/tripower.jpg[/url]

Cruising around the funshow and saw a table with some ML2's and TA01's so I headed over. Looking around I saw something that seemed familar.. checked it out. Tri-Power indeed. My first impressions were that the sight seemed rather fragile, unlike the ACOG's surrounding it on the table and the Aimpoints. Looking through the sight, it seemed almost identical to an ML2 except the "dot" was a chevron much like that of the ACOG chevron. I didnt get to spend nearly as much time as I had hoped playing around with it but still got a feel for it. My main worry with it would be the controls and perhaps its ruggedness.

I checked trijicon's website and they still say it's not out yet. Anybody else seen one??
View Quote

I possibly saw the same one you did, if you were at the Ft. Walton Beach gun show.  Otherwise, yes - at the Ft. Walton Beach gun show this weekend.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top