Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 1:19:42 PM EDT
Hi all!

This is my first post here at ar15.com and I have a newbie-question for you AR15 people:

I have just ordered my first AR, a Bushmaster M4 Type Post-Ban Carbine with A3 removable carry handle. I just can't wait to get i delivered!!

But the question is, which model of the acog is appropriate for my Bushmaster model?! Which has the correct mounting options (without buying some optional mount system), is it the TA-31F or is it better to mount on the handle although it is removable?

Which model of the Compact acog mounts directly to my A3 model? Or du I need some extra mounts?

That's it for now! All opinions are welcome.

Lear
Finland
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know other countries adhere to the ridiculous US preban and postban laws [:\]
I'd mount it on the flat top, about the only good thing the removable handle is for users to cut it down and make it into a BUIS [:)]  Get an ARMS 19S, you and your ACOG will be very happy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I didn't know other countries adhere to the ridiculous US preban and postban laws [:\]
I'd mount it on the flat top, about the only good thing the removable handle is for users to cut it down and make it into a BUIS [:)]  Get an ARMS 19S, you and your ACOG will be very happy.
View Quote

No we don't. But I imported the rifle from the US. As soon as it arrives, I'll go to the local gunstore to pick up som 30-r. mags and a non-plugged telestock.

What is the ARMS 19S? Does it come with the ACOG or do I have to buy it separately?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You must buy it seperately.  Go to the Equipment Exchange section of this site under the Optics for sale section and you will find it for about $150.  You want to mate it with a TA31.  Out the carry handle in your closet or sell it to help finance the mount purchase.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, so if I buy the ARMS 19S, what model of the acog mathes the 19S? I have found different versions: w/M16 Base, w/Special Rings

Another question I've been thinking about: How do I mount a sound surpressor to the M4 Type, since it has got a velded mini-Y comp?! Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You need the M16 base, ARMS19s has a single lever and is smaller than than 19.  You'll have to remove the terrible muzzle brake (not an easy thing to do yourself), if you're lucky the muzzle is threaded, if not the gun shop will have to thread it, all in all, I think you should have bought a preban barrel.

The TA01NSN has the TA51 mount, the TA11 has the ARMS 19S.
[img]home.earthlink.net/~whitman/comp.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The ACOG's for the AR15's will all fit on the carry handle, the Trijicon site will say if it doesn't. The carry handle mount is built in to the scope. A better way to use it since you have the A3 is to by a mount and put it onto the flattop. Their are several that Arms makes that will work. I have the Arms#19s and it works great, it has one lever and the ACOG scopes fit right up next to it like they were made to fit together. I think the 19s mount goes for about $100. Their is also one a little cheaper which uses screws instead of the lever and their is one that is more expensive that is larger and uses two levers.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
The TA31F comes with the needed mount for a flat top and is sighted in for flat top over bore.

Not to say it won't need adjustment, mine took lots of clicks both ways, but it will sight in and hold zero real well. Sight it at 100M if you can, it will shoot just fine at 50 and 200.

This makes a great combination as the chevron makes target work easier than the donut and you can still use the chevron as a red dot for fast pick up.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#8]
If you mount a Compact ACOG on the carrying handle, get the special ring mount.  You will need to file the edges of the mount in order to get it to fit in the carrying handle sight channel.  It will fit in a standard A2 handle but the A3 sight channel is slightly narrower.  I have a Compact ACOG mounted on the carrying handle and I love it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top