Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 12:48:27 PM EDT
I plan on getting a TA31 sometime soon, so obviously I'll need a mount. I did a search but didn't find anything about the pros/cons of each one, but every pic I saw you guys had the #19s. Is there any reason I should get the #19s over the #19 other than price? I don't have any other plans for my 20 inch AR upper's rail, already got an ARMS#40 on there. I'm under the impression that a regular #19 mount will be fine, though take up the rest of the rail's space, any other reasons that I should get the #19s instead? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
For 4x ACOGs I recommend ARMS 19S.
For 3.5x ACOG I would go with 19ACOG unless you are running out of space, since two throw levers will help supporting added weight of 3.5x ACOGs. This doesn't mean that 19S can't sustain 3.5x ACOGs. They should be just fine. But for me, proportionally 19ACOG fits 3.5x Acogs.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I would use the #19S for any ACOG. The #19S has the same footprint as the TA51 on the rail - and that mount is what Trijicon uses to mount everything from the smallest full-size ACOG to the biggest full-size ACOG (5.5x).

I would consider the #19ACOG if I needed one of the following criteria: bigger, more expensive mount, an extra throw lever, five positioning holes for the ACOG instead of four, or the ability to use the rail-attached brass deflector on the SR-25K.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=156805&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
They are both very good. The advantage of the #19Acog is that you can bridge some weapons like bolt actions. You have two attachment levers, and you can get multible eye relief when there is a platform that hasn't got all the notches on the attachment rail below.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
They are both very good. The advantage of the #19Acog is that you can bridge some weapons like bolt actions. You have two attachment levers, and you can get multible eye relief when there is a platform that hasn't got all the notches on the attachment rail below.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the responses! Sounds like I'll have to do some more thinking about each. Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#8]
19s all the way. I had a 19 and 19s to compare and the 19s is definatly the way to go. And the 19s fits like a glove up against (still has daylight of coarse) an ARMS 40.

Nuts{WoC}
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top