Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 9:16:19 AM EDT
Excluding using an ACOG with the BAC, do you typically shoot with your "off" eye open or closed?  I never really thought about it until I realized I keep both eyes open and my brother closes one.  I guess it really doesn't matter (we both only shoot at paper) but I wondered if there is a "correct" way...
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Dawg,..It depends for me....My 5.56 AR has an ACOG TA-01 and its left eye closed/right eye open on that for me(right handed)...But my 9mm has an aimpoint and I shoot that with both eyes open,...Most "dots" are meant to be shot both eyes open i think..Your not limiting your vision and make them "quicker" that way....Dont think its a big deal either way but...If you zero with one eye closed then shoot with one eye closed and visa virsa..BTW hows the 9mm coming along?....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Both eyes open, all the time.

Good habit to get in to.  Taking running shots at game can mean switching from one target to the next, rapid fire.  It is much easier to pick up additional targets if your eyes are both working for you.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dawg,..It depends for me....My 5.56 AR has an ACOG TA-01 and its left eye closed/right eye open on that for me(right handed)...But my 9mm has an aimpoint and I shoot that with both eyes open,...Most "dots" are meant to be shot both eyes open i think..Your not limiting your vision and make them "quicker" that way....Dont think its a big deal either way but...If you zero with one eye closed then shoot with one eye closed and visa virsa..BTW hows the 9mm coming along?....UNDERDOG
View Quote

Funny you should ask. I got the refund on the HK94 clone and was all ready to get the 9mm AR.  I found out IL may put the AW ban into effect permanently come Dec. 31st with state legislation, and next thing I know the money is gone and I will have a preban flattop carbine in about 4 days! [banana]

So in short the 9mm is on hold for now, funding ya know?  [;)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
With the ACOG or Aimpoint Comp ML both eyes open - on telescopic scopes one eye.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top