Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2003 1:53:35 AM EDT
Gents, do any of you have direct experience with the Springfield Armory 3rd Generation Government Scope (30mm Tube 4-14x 56mm)?

I'm thinking of buying one, if and only if you tell me it's a top notch product.

Thank you,
1gcp
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
For scopes, I'm like my gunsmith, I only know of ONE brand, [b]LEUPOLD[/b].

FWIW, some here have poo-poo'd SA scopes, myself I have no opinion, 'cus as stated above I buy Leupy's.

A quality scope is a life-time investment, one of mine is over 15 years old and for me it real nice to know that if I have a problem w/ it LEUPOLD will fix it as they have a life-time guarantee (btw, except to send to have turrets and mil-dots added none of them have every been back for repair, between myself Dad and Uncle we have 10 of 'em, in varing age and configs).

I'd highly recommed a I-net trip to here: [url]http://www.premierreticles.com/[/url] and a peek at the new GenII recticle Leupy's, bought a 6.5x20x40mm Vari-X III for my latest long range rifle and I love it almost as much as the others.

Precision rifles aren't swat without precision optics and mounts, IMO.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a Springfield 2nd gen here. Liked the reticle and the first focal plane, so the reticle stays the same size at all power in relation to the target.

Scope died and got blurry after only eight shots.

Sent the scope back ten days ago, according to the repair Dept at Springfield, the scope was shipped today.

Look at the Springfield web page the scopes have been redesigned, only 50mm bells now, so it sounds like you are looking at old stock.

Waiting to see how the scope performs for my purposes.

Good luck!!  
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you gents, I think I'll pass on this one!

gcp
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top