Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 4:04:11 PM EDT
I've bought things from SWFA for a few times and I can say they are honest folks that I will do business with again.

However, this morning when I got to my office, I received a spam email (among the hundreds I get everyday) from an email address s.w.f.a.@xxxx.com (where xxxx is my company's unique site name). It basically describe a riflescope.com sale that is going on.

Personally I have no problem if I receive an email from riflescope.com saying they have a sale going on, afterall I consider myself a happy customer of them. But to hide its true original address and morph into my own company's address is a blatant spamming technique that only low life spammer will practice (because that's a low life way of getting through spam filters). I really don't think a reputable company should practice that kind of scumware method.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:09:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:48:27 PM EDT
"Tools" > "Block Sender" PS - What part of PRK are you from? I'd like to check out your nice SPR's you always share...
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:17:54 PM EDT
Hit the "Click here to change or remove your subscription" link at the bottom of the email and get off of their list. CHRIS
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:52:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd: Hit the "Click here to change or remove your subscription" link at the bottom of the email and get off of their list. CHRIS
View Quote
What ????? Asking to be taken off a mailing list via e-mail is the easiest way to get on even more mailing lists. If you respond to spam, the send has verification that the e-mail address is valid and will continue to send spam. hycheng, contact SWFA [b]by phone[/b] and tell them you want to be taken off their list. Make a note of who you speak with, the date and time. If you get another piece of spam from them, call them back, tell them that you've already called (referring with whom you spoke and when). Chances are you'll be off after the first phone call.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:36:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kisara: "Tools" > "Block Sender" PS - What part of PRK are you from? I'd like to check out your nice SPR's you always share...
View Quote
They are using my own company's address, I don't think I can block that. I can usually be found on every 4th Sunday@ 200yds range in Santa Clara County Fields Sport range with at least one of my SPR. CU there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:43:22 AM EDT
Back when then last round of virii went around I got several pieces of mail from SWFA, among other gun oriented sites. I had never contacted SWFA, or any of the others, via email. I figured the return address had been spoofed by the virus and whoever really sent me the post must have had my address and SWFAs in their address book. Was it really spam? Like, "Buy 2 scopes get a 3rd for three times the cost?"
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:35:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/2/2003 4:30:03 PM EDT by futuredan]
My "donut" came from SWFA, yet, I don't have any new spam. I use filters to send garbage off to the dump, as Kisara so wisely suggests.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:43:13 AM EDT
hycheng, did you sign up for email updates on the SWFA website? I started getting those same emails after I did. Since I signed up for them, I don't consider them spam. If you didn't sign up for anything, then I can see why you're concerned. Matt_B, I was [red]ASS[/red]uming that he signed up for their list. [:E] CHRIS
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:55:20 PM EDT
I really don't know if they kept my order email in their mailing list or not. What really border me and make me want to share with members of this forum is that it seems SWFA has farm out their email job to a spamming company or at least using their software. In worst case that means your email address has been given to an email spammer, the best case (if there is one) is they have directly supported a scumware spammer by purchasing their product and use it in house. Neither of them are good business practice in my book. Like I said before, send me an email with your full company identity and I will be glad to read it or delete it at my own choosing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:54:24 AM EDT
Sorry to go OT;
Originally Posted By hycheng: I can usually be found on every 4th Sunday@ 200yds range in Santa Clara County Fields Sport range with at least one of my SPR. CU there.
View Quote
Is this the place on the East foothills, south of Hwy 85, across from the fishing pond?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:11:56 PM EDT
yes
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:48:29 PM EDT
Kisara. I know this is off topic, but What can you tell me about Barbie on your Avatar? Are you a lady? or one of those guys with Barbie Fettish just like me?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:21:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2003 11:41:12 AM EDT by SWFA]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:45:33 PM EDT
I have no problem if I receive the above mail from swfa.com or riflescope.com , however it was sent to me with originating address disguise as s.w.f.a.@xxxx.com where xxxx is my unique .com address. That's a blatant spam by hiding your real identity so as to get through my spam mail filter.
Top Top