Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 12:11:01 PM EDT
I have a back up rear sight/flat top scope  mount I could use some help Identifying. It does not have any marking on it. i would like to know the brand and model if anyone is familiar with it. I will try and describe it the best I can because I have no idea how to place pics on here. Here goes:

it is the same length as the flattop on an M4.
the top is a rail with the exception of the area tha t is the integrated rear sight.
the rail is about an inch higher than the actual rifle flattop and has two cutouts in it.
on the right side it has a screw off storage area for an aimpoint battery.

I hope that is a decent description. If someone can help me but need a pic I can email one. My email address is:
[email protected]

Thanks,
Doug
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Doug,

This is my first post here, but I think I can answer this question. I'm still trying to digest the jargon and acronyms, so please understand that I am a newbie.

What you described is the Tactical Carry Handle. It is sold by Rock River Arms. I just purchased my first AR and it has this type of 'handle'. From what I have found out so far, it is kind of limited in it's usefulness. I think that it was originally intended to be used to mount an Aimpoint ML2 red dot. The only way to mount the Aimpoint and co-witness the iron sight is to use the mounting ring that Aimpoint no longer includes with the red dot. I called RRA and they have the rings. I bought one for $12. I mounted it last night but I haven't shot with the Aimpoint mounted yet.

They list the Tactical Carry Handle in the catalog for $175.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Homer, there should be a pic on here soon so maybe you can confirm for me
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked on the Rock River website and thats the one. thanks for the help.
Doug
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
It's only good for an aimpoint scope, not very tactical at all.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:28:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Right, and it's not a handle either [:)]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top