Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/16/2003 12:11:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2003 12:11:59 PM EDT by airbrnebkr]
I have a back up rear sight/flat top scope mount I could use some help Identifying. It does not have any marking on it. i would like to know the brand and model if anyone is familiar with it. I will try and describe it the best I can because I have no idea how to place pics on here. Here goes:

it is the same length as the flattop on an M4.
the top is a rail with the exception of the area tha t is the integrated rear sight.
the rail is about an inch higher than the actual rifle flattop and has two cutouts in it.
on the right side it has a screw off storage area for an aimpoint battery.

I hope that is a decent description. If someone can help me but need a pic I can email one. My email address is:
airbrnebkr@aol.com

Thanks,
Doug
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 12:39:44 PM EDT
Doug, This is my first post here, but I think I can answer this question. I'm still trying to digest the jargon and acronyms, so please understand that I am a newbie. What you described is the Tactical Carry Handle. It is sold by Rock River Arms. I just purchased my first AR and it has this type of 'handle'. From what I have found out so far, it is kind of limited in it's usefulness. I think that it was originally intended to be used to mount an Aimpoint ML2 red dot. The only way to mount the Aimpoint and co-witness the iron sight is to use the mounting ring that Aimpoint no longer includes with the red dot. I called RRA and they have the rings. I bought one for $12. I mounted it last night but I haven't shot with the Aimpoint mounted yet. They list the Tactical Carry Handle in the catalog for $175.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:11:53 PM EDT
Thanks Homer, there should be a pic on here soon so maybe you can confirm for me
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:13:04 AM EDT
I looked on the Rock River website and thats the one. thanks for the help. Doug
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:42:52 AM EDT
It's only good for an aimpoint scope, not very tactical at all. Jack
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:28:32 AM EDT
Right, and it's not a handle either [:)]
Top Top