Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2003 6:14:01 AM EDT
I am thinking of buying a night vision monocular just for playing around with... I really dont want/need a Gen 2/3 device.. Has anyone bought a Gen 1 device and care to share comments..  This just something to play around and goof off with so dropping $1,000 for Gen 2 is not what I want to do..

I am considering the Night Owl Cyclops (walmart  $150) or Night Owl Explorer (walmart $200) or the ATN Night Storm (walmart $218 - online only)...  Some of these are listed as "Gen 1+" -  not quite sure what that means though..

Anyone bought any of these or other Gen 1 devices from these mfg??  What do you use them for?.. How have they worked?.. Did you get value for your money?  Would you recommend it to someone else?

thanks for comments.. I tried the search and comments only went back 30 days and I didnt find a similar questions..

thatguy
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer you about specific brands.  However, I'd recommend you read this thread:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=169919&page=1[/url]

And follow the link and recommendations in my 2nd post, you'll find a lot of good information.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top