Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 8:03:52 PM EDT
I am about to pick up an eotech site, do I need to order anything special in order to mount it on a A3 flatop. What type of mounting systems work best for the EOTECH?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It has a built in mount for the standard AR flattop.  Just make sure to use a coin or something to tighten the screws once you have it where you want it.  Using it's built in mount it co-witnesses perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, that about covers it, i'd reccomend using Lok-Tite if you can as well, though even without it mine has never loosened
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yea, that about covers it, i'd reccomend using Lok-Tite if you can as well, though even without it mine has never loosened
View Quote

Want to hear a funny story...

Once upon a time, I installed an EOTech to my flattop and STUPIDLY used Red Loctite with the hexhead screw.  Well, about a month later, when I needed to remove it from the rifle, I ended up stripping out the screwhead.  One thing led to another and I ended up so pissed off that I ripped the sight to pieces in order to get it off.

Point of this story?  YOU DON'T NEED LOCTITE!!!  
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Once upon a time, I installed an EOTech to my flattop and STUPIDLY used Red Loctite with the hexhead screw.  Well, about a month later, when I needed to remove it from the rifle, I ended up stripping out the screwhead.  One thing led to another and I ended up so pissed off that I ripped the sight to pieces in order to get it off.

Point of this story?  YOU DON'T NEED LOCTITE!!!  
View Quote

How 'bout:  You don't need [red]Red Loctite[/red]?  That stuff needs heat to loosen up.  [blue]Blue Loctite[/blue] wouldn't hurt.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top