Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2003 8:03:52 PM EDT
I am about to pick up an eotech site, do I need to order anything special in order to mount it on a A3 flatop. What type of mounting systems work best for the EOTECH?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:21:16 PM EDT
It has a built in mount for the standard AR flattop. Just make sure to use a coin or something to tighten the screws once you have it where you want it. Using it's built in mount it co-witnesses perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:55:14 PM EDT
Yea, that about covers it, i'd reccomend using Lok-Tite if you can as well, though even without it mine has never loosened
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:56:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DJ_Kling: Yea, that about covers it, i'd reccomend using Lok-Tite if you can as well, though even without it mine has never loosened
View Quote
Want to hear a funny story... Once upon a time, I installed an EOTech to my flattop and STUPIDLY used Red Loctite with the hexhead screw. Well, about a month later, when I needed to remove it from the rifle, I ended up stripping out the screwhead. One thing led to another and I ended up so pissed off that I ripped the sight to pieces in order to get it off. Point of this story? YOU DON'T NEED LOCTITE!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:01:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By PPD: Once upon a time, I installed an EOTech to my flattop and STUPIDLY used Red Loctite with the hexhead screw. Well, about a month later, when I needed to remove it from the rifle, I ended up stripping out the screwhead. One thing led to another and I ended up so pissed off that I ripped the sight to pieces in order to get it off. Point of this story? YOU DON'T NEED LOCTITE!!!
View Quote
How 'bout: You don't need [red]Red Loctite[/red]? That stuff needs heat to loosen up. [blue]Blue Loctite[/blue] wouldn't hurt.
Top Top