Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 7:32:46 AM EDT
I decided to get an EOTech for my AR but am stuck between two models, the 551 and the 552. The only difference between the two is the power source. The 551 has a small battery and the 552 has a AA battery. Which one has more pros than cons? Does the length really affect anything?

Any advice owners of either models have would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I use all 552's because of the abundance of "AA" batteries. The length of the sight has never bothered me in any way...never affected anything on my rifles.

*You can stop in any store, gas station, rest stop and find "AA" batteries.

*"AA"'s are used in GPS units, many flashlights, radios and other various equipment as well.

*You can get them by the 100pack at COSTCO and SAM's Club...CHEAP [:)]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget battery life with the 552 is up to 500 hours of use, where as the 551 is rated at only about 100 hours of use.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two of each.  It really depends on your needs. if you need long battery life, the 552 is the way to go, as mentioned by the two members above, the battery is easy to find and you can get 500 hours from a regular AA batteries and approximately 800 hours from a Lithium.

If the rail space is at a preimium on your gun, then the 551 is the better choice.  Like on a M4 with Colt double heat shield handguard and a ARMS #40, you are better off with the 551 since you really don't have that much spaces.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top