Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2003 8:57:36 PM EDT
I got my new catalog from Diamondback Tactical today and it had a new Aimpoint ER3.5 in it. I checked out the Aimpoint website and it's not even there yet. I haven't called Diamondback yet to see if they have them. Has anybody seen one of these? I think I gotta have one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.hksystems.com.au/pages/aim/ER3.5.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Any rough idea on cost for these?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Evidently they got one of the worst features of ELCAN: externally adjustable windage and elevation.
I'll stick with my TA11.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless it has some kind of BAC feature, I can see this going the way of the 2x Aimpoints, sitting on the shelves.  Other than the reticle choices, I don't see anything new or desireable about this unit.  Maybe there is something I'm missing, though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:30:36 AM EDT
[#5]
With the brightness set to a sufficent level the 3.5X Aimpoint may very well work similar to the BAC model ACOGs.

To use with both eyes the "aiming point" (dot, donut, chevron etc.) has to be easy to see with the strong eye while the off eye views the target, then for most of use your brain puts the images together (more or less).

With out the fiber optics of the ACOG, one would have adjust the Aimpoints brightness as the light changes (one the bright side would I assume work a little better), but assuming that there is sufficent brightness one might be able to use the X3.5 Aimpoint similar to the BAC ACOGs.   Hopefully time will tell.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top