Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 4:49:52 PM EDT
I just purchased a so called nib Trijicon ACOG TA-55. The package arrived this evening and upon inspection I discovered that the windage and elevation screws are all dinged up. Looks like somebody used a screwdriver that was too large to adjust or mess with the srews. Has anyone else found the same thing on there ACOG? Is there any way in hell that Trijicon would ship a scope from the factory with the screws all gouged up?

Thanks, DD out!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had bad experiences regarding the quality control at Trijicon.

Give them a call and see what they could do.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
My experience with Trijicon (one ACOG, three night sights for pistols) have always been great. Not only that; but their customer service has been outstanding. Give them a call and I bet they'll handle it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:41:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet it's a dealer problem and a QC problem. Just a hunch but we'll see how this plays out.

FWIW, I recently acquired a TA-31 and the W/E screws were cherry.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bet it's a dealer problem and a QC problem. Just a hunch but we'll see how this plays out.  
View Quote

You pretty much hit it on the nose Matt.

The place I purchased it from wholeheartedly admited that they do not inspect the pieces before shipment.

I then placed a call to Trijicon and customer service informed me that they have been experiencing QC problems lately, specifically QC problems with the TA-55. The QC problem they mentioned were paint specs showing up on the optics when you peer through. The optics on both the TA-55's I purchased over the last month have been incredible. Very crisp and clear. The problems I have encountered on both pieces of glass have been mostly aesthetic finish damage. Scratches, dings, W&E screw damage, the worst being one of the allen bolts that holds the body together is completely rounded out with the aluminum finish showing inside. This is totally unacceptable for a $1200.00 piece of glass and for it to happen twice in a month is stunning.

I now have 3 options, maybe you guys can help me decide which one is best.

A. Return it for a full refund, then "attempt" to locate another and hope it's not screwed up when it arrives.

B. Return it to Trijicon and wait the 2 week turn around for them to address the problems and ship it back.

C. Just keep this one and live with the blemished aesthetics.

Thanks, DD out!! [sniper]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I now have 3 options, maybe you guys can help me decide which one is best.

A. Return it for a full refund, then "attempt" to locate another and hope it's not screwed up when it arrives.

B. Return it to Trijicon and wait the 2 week turn around for them to address the problems and ship it back.

C. Just keep this one and live with the blemished aesthetics.

Thanks, DD out!! [sniper]
View Quote

If it was me, I would go for B. You may find another one in stock at another dealer but even then you have to sure before you place the order that the one they're going to ship you is "perfect". If you can't find a dealer that has a cherry one in stock, then you have to wait for a dealer to get one in stock anyway. If you send yours back to Trijicon, you know you will get it back in 2 weeks and can be assured that the one you're getting back will be perfect.

Under no circumstances would I accept C as an option. When I buy new gear, I expect to be the one that puts beats it up.

Just my .02. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are not that crazy about the scope, get a refund.

If not, sent it back to Trijicon, they will fix it for you in a month's time.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Gent's,

Im going to go for the gusto and send it back to Trijicon. I agree that if there is a snowballs chance in hell for me to receive a perfect TA-55, it will be the one they return to me after this mess.

Im going to fire it off in the morning and will update the post once Trijicon returns it.

Thanks again, DD out!! [sniper]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top