Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 2:03:08 PM EDT
I've got the chance to pick up a used AP 3000 for $100. I want to put it on a S&W .44Mag revolver and maybe to try on my AR. I'm having the gunshop hold it for me until I can get the money, didn't have it right today.. I figured it was worth it simply because its an Aimpoint.. I've never heard a bad thing about the company. I know it's kind of the "bottom of the barrel" but what I want to know is, is it still good quality? And how long does the battery last? I don't think it has the same system as the others where a battery will last for years right?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a used Aimpoint 3000 on Ebay for about $70.  Right now it is mounted on my [url=http://www.hunt101.com/img/055525.jpg]Oly PCR-45 with an RRA mount[/url] and I'm pretty happy with the setup.  It's definitely more solid than anything I've come across in the $75-100 area.  It does not have the CET diode, but if you can live with the 1" tube, the cost savings buys you a lot of batteries.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top