Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 10:28:01 AM EDT
Im looking for the PVS-14 night vision monocular.  I will use this behind a eotech and also as a monocular viewer.  What is the best place to get one also any othere suggestions on night vision would be great.  Thanks...

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest place you can get one (with a little effort) is at your local recruiting office.  Just sign on the dotted line . . .
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a PVS-14 from GG&G last month. It came with a QD weapons mount.The cost was $3175. But I see they have it at a lower price now. I checked alot of different place and they were one of the lowest with a mount. The unit works great and it is super clear.If my wife would let me buy another I would.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#3]
are you wanting a PVS 14 for the variable gain? if so, then your stuck with paying big money.

if you don't mind having a ITT 6015 (neutered pvs14; no manual gain, no purge valve, no auto off feature) they are great units and they can be had in 64lp. they mount using all the same set ups and cost about 2700.

the new USNV14 is a nice addition to the monocle line up but i have yet to find a true advantage to it. it only has one type of flat top mount that does not allow for using a BUIS and it has no variable gain or the other features of the pvs14. it does however use either one 3V lithium or one AA battery which lightens things up.

i have both of these and don't feel handicapped bynot having the pvs14, but i can see how manual gain would be nice to have.

[url]http://www.usnightvision.com/USNightVision.cgi?ProductBrowser=Monoculars[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top