Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/1/2003 12:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/1/2003 1:57:22 PM EDT by Boomholzer]
I'm forking out some money for a Sig pistol and saving for when the Beretta Cx4 is released.
In the mean time, I need some el-cheapo (non-red dot) optcs to tide me over on a bare M4.

Cheaper Than Dirt has a Clearview (mfg.) Tactical Tri-Rail 4X AR-15 scope for $100. it has a solid tube with rails on top and at the sides.

Just wondering if anyone actually handled/owns one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:03:00 PM EDT
Save your money and shoot iron for awhile. cheap optic will always end up in the trash bin.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:31:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SMGLee: Save your money and shoot iron for awhile. cheap optic will always end up in the trash bin.
View Quote
Perfectly stated.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:36:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:57:52 PM EDT
I am already one of the best shots in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:16:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SMGLee: Save your money and shoot iron for awhile. cheap optic will always end up in the trash bin.
View Quote
Not a rule set in stone. One can get top name optics that are crap from the factory just as easily as a cheap optic that will last for years. Sarge
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:36:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtmike:
View Quote
Not a rule set in stone. One can get top name optics that are crap from the factory just as easily as a cheap optic that will last for years. Sarge
View Quote
if you mount a cheap optic on a range gun, yes, you are correct, but for a field used weapon, cheap optic is just asking for trouble. besides, you pay 700 plus dollars for a nice AR, why would you spend 100 dollars on an optic??
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:00:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SMGLee: you pay 700 plus dollars for a nice AR, why would you spend 100 dollars on an optic??
View Quote
Because I spent $700 on a nice AR.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:44:08 PM EDT
well i bought it, seee how many piggies it will shoot. ;)
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:29:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SMGLee: besides, you pay 700 plus dollars for a nice AR, why would you spend 100 dollars on an optic??
View Quote
That's easy...'cos he only has $800!! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:28:17 AM EDT
Buying a cheap optic is OK, depending on what your expectations are. My almost 20 yr old $40 Bushnell 3-9x40 has seen many seasons in the woods and still works the same as when new. It's not very "bright" though. My $20 Simmons held up through 60 rounds of .300 Win Mag (bbl break-in). Still works fine, but I upgraded to a nice Burris that I will rely on for that expensive elk trip next year. --Otter
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:31:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomholzer: well i bought it, seee how many piggies it will shoot. ;)
View Quote
Please shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance to try it out. I'm in need of a cheap scope to get me by for a while. Just simple range shooting and plinking.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:54:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomholzer: I'm forking out some money for a Sig pistol and saving for when the Beretta Cx4 is released. In the mean time, I need some el-cheapo (non-red dot) optcs to tide me over on a bare M4. Cheaper Than Dirt has a Clearview (mfg.) Tactical Tri-Rail 4X AR-15 scope for $100. it has a solid tube with rails on top and at the sides. Just wondering if anyone actually handled/owns one.
View Quote
Curious about this comment, Boomholzer. I'd like to know why you're forking out $$$ for a $IG instead of a (or another) Beretta since you're getting the CX4...? If you've got a Beretta pistol that you plan on using in conjunction with the CX4 (magazine interchangability), why not spend MORE $$$ for a better optic with the money you don't spend on a Sig? If you don't have a Beretta pistol to use with the CX4, why buy a Sig? Just wondering.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:08:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BusMaster007:
Originally Posted By Boomholzer: I'm forking out some money for a Sig pistol and saving for when the Beretta Cx4 is released. In the mean time, I need some el-cheapo (non-red dot) optcs to tide me over on a bare M4. Cheaper Than Dirt has a Clearview (mfg.) Tactical Tri-Rail 4X AR-15 scope for $100. it has a solid tube with rails on top and at the sides. Just wondering if anyone actually handled/owns one.
View Quote
Curious about this comment, Boomholzer. I'd like to know why you're forking out $$$ for a $IG instead of a (or another) Beretta since you're getting the CX4...? If you've got a Beretta pistol that you plan on using in conjunction with the CX4 (magazine interchangability), why not spend MORE $$$ for a better optic with the money you don't spend on a Sig? If you don't have a Beretta pistol to use with the CX4, why buy a Sig? Just wondering.
View Quote
That is a good point. I had thought of that, I am not a big fan of the 92FS. I don't like the way it feels or shoots. You can never have to many guns. The Sig seems to be a deal.
Top Top