Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 11:42:24 AM EDT
I know the #40 will(of course) I wanted to get the BUIS as low as I can, will the KAC 600m fit? Also is the SPR-MOD rail any higher than the #38's?

Thanks

Mark
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The kac 300m will work, but not the 600m.  the #40 is the best option for your SPR rail.  it is a back up sight, and it should be as it is.  you should not need to shoot 600m with your BUIS.

The rails are the same height.

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Chen Lee, Ok, thank you for the information. I can't wait to get it all together!

Mark
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You know... I am in the process of building an SPR right now and I am going to use the Knights 600 meter rear sight for no other reason than it adjusts for elevation. Will I ever take a 600 meter shot with it? who knows probably not but I will shoot 200 and 300 and maybe even 500 and a rear sight that actually adjusts is what I want, even if I have to mill the back of the ARMS rail to make it fit. I have an ARMS 40 on my M4gery and it is great for that.

My .02 cents

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The reason I wanted to use a KAC's is because they aren't as high. I have to keep my scope over the rear sight for eye relief--for me-. I was taught to get straight behind the rifle, not off to the side. Therefore, I'm not able to get my head far enough forward. Using the KAC's will allow me to use medium rings to lower the scope. Let me know how that KAC 600m works. I would rather file on the sight itself. Like a dumba-- I traded my 300m a long time ago.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You will still be using a medium ring even if you go with the #40.  The #40 will not poke so high if you mount the scope with the Med ring on to of your APR rail.  if you look at guys with SPR, the scope clears the rear sight with more then enough room using just a med ring.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
When I took my 2-7 leupold with #22m's off my DSA and tried it on my SIR with a #40, it didn't clear. Is the height on the SPR higher than the SIR? I know you said that the #38's were the same as the SPR's. I'll have to try tomorrow to see if those 22m's clear the 38 on the rifle now(being replaced with the PRI/SPR set up) The eye bell is the same on the 2-7 and the Leupold 3.5-10x40 tactical I'm using.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Chen, You are correct sir! You forgot to tell me to throw away the crack pipe. It's been some time and I remembered once I started looking at it that I checked the height using a #40A.
The power and focus rings and the transition from the eye bell to the tube is different on the scopes and that threw me off a bit. So, now I need some #22M's.

Thanks!

Mark
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You know... I am in the process of building an SPR right now and I am going to use the Knights 600 meter rear sight for no other reason than it adjusts for elevation. Will I ever take a 600 meter shot with it? who knows probably not but I will shoot 200 and 300 and maybe even 500 and a rear sight that actually adjusts is what I want, [red]even if I have to mill the back of the ARMS rail to make it fit.[/red] I have an ARMS 40 on my M4gery and it is great for that.

View Quote

If you mill the ARMS rail, be sure to finish the milled edge with Aluma Hyde II (Dark Parkerized Grey).
I did, and it matched PERFECT.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top