Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/10/2003 1:41:12 AM EDT
Has anyone tried one of these type of mounts? I have an A2 upper that I want to mount an 11.5" long scope on. Do they hold zero after removal and reattachment? This is not a tactical setup for me, just for the occasional hunting trip or long shot at a target.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:10:59 PM EDT
I had one, with a Springfield Armory (HEAVY) scope on it. The fit of the mount to the receiver (BM, A1 upper) was so precise that without the screw in place, I could turn the rifle upside down and shake the hell out of it, and the mount wouldn't budge. It held zero well, but the precise fit also makes it a PITA to dismount, so I just left it on.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:49:36 PM EDT
The Leatherwood mount does not look like it has the "see-through" hole for the irons. Does it?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:41:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GunSlingAR: The Leatherwood mount does not look like it has the "see-through" hole for the irons. Does it?
View Quote
No, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:44:47 AM EDT
Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. Zardoz, do you remember where you got your mount from? I'm wondering if they all will be that tight. I could live without the ability to use the irons with the Leatherwood mounted, if I can easily remove it when I wanted to use the irons.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:40:55 AM EDT
I got it at a gunshow, and it wasn't in any packaging, so I've really no idea who made it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:27:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By doublenautspy: Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. Zardoz, do you remember where you got your mount from? I'm wondering if they all will be that tight. I could live without the ability to use the irons with the Leatherwood mounted, if I can easily remove it when I wanted to use the irons.
View Quote
Midway has them: [url]http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/240124[/url]. They're priced at $26.49 for the general public and dealer price is $21.49
Top Top