Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/3/2003 4:14:45 PM EDT
I just received my aimpoint ml2 and have a question about the sight picture. On the two highest brightness settings, I get a red ring around the inside of the scope tube looking with either both eyes open or just one. Reducing the brightness eliminates the red ring. Is this normal for all aimpoint sights?

On a seperate note, how accurate/centered are they when they leave the factory? Have you had to make many adjustments to windage or elevation to get going? Any info you can provide is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:50:00 PM EDT
Yes the ring is normal. Take it outside on a bright sunny day and you wont even see it. Set it lower for indoor use.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:19:10 PM EDT
Have you had to make many adjustments to windage or elevation to get going?
View Quote
Yes, of course you need to zero the scope to your particular firearm. All scopes need to be zero'd. I zero it @ 100yds. Some folks prefer 50yds. 5 shot group, then adjust. I keep doing it 'till the group is centered where I want it...YMMV
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:48:01 PM EDT
Yes, "Lumpy196" is 100% correct. Thats why Aimpoint has the brightness controls, to adjust the dot to differnet light levels and conditions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:13:28 PM EDT
thanks for the info guys. Got it squared away and ready for the range this weekend.
Top Top