Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/28/2003 2:36:26 PM EDT
I have heard some say that if Trijicon made a hollow triangle they'd trade their donut for it.  Isn't the chevron just a hollow triangle without the bottom line?

With either reticule which bullet drop scale is most accurate for a 16" flattop firing 55 and 62 grain: the .308 or the .223 version?

Is amber or red better for the BAC feature?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The .223 version. Go to the optics forum on the AR board. BDC info by Bartholomew_Roberts is tacked at the top. If this is that forum, you'll know I use active topics!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! (Got your IM too)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The line on the chevron is thinner than the 1MOA thickness of the donut line.  I find red to have better contrast.  Other opinions vary.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I find the donut to be just a bit easier to pick up than the chevron; but the more I use the ACOG, the less I notice the difference.

.308 reticle is only good for 68gr and higher rounds. It doesn't match the 55 and 62 at all.

Opinions differ on red vs. amber. I like red better myself; but it is purely a personal preference based on how different people's eyes pick up the colors.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]
in GENERAL, and all things (training and familiarity) being equal, the eye will tend to center the reticle of an optic on a target under quick-shooting conditions.  with the chevron, if it's supposed to be zeroed with the point of the triangle right below/on the target, you'll be shooting high if if center the 'center of mass' of the chevron on a target under stress etc.  at close ranges, that may or may not be an issue.

cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top