Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 3:47:53 PM EDT
In the compact acog's they have a 3x24 scope. In the non compact version they have 3.5x35 and 4x32. I know what difference the magnification makes but the second number which I believe is the outer lense size, how much difference is there in between the x24, x32 and the x35? The larger the lense the more light allowed in? If so are the differences in these huge? Even noticable? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Objective lens size, I believe
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

All ACOGs have great glass and are plenty bright.  Buy the one you want and don't worry about it, 'cause you'll be happy with the glass either way.

-Troy
View Quote
Boy, you ain't shittin'! I thought that there was no way in hell I'd ever spend any $7-800 for a scope, but after trying out an NSN, I [b]HAD[/b] to have one! The optics are amazing, for such a small package.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget about eye relief and exit pupil size. These are typically much greater on the 3.5 scopes. Depending on your shooting style, you may notice this much more than the 14% more magnification.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top