Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 6:36:08 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a set of a ring that you can mount an Aimpoint Comp M2 onto the Rock River River Tactical Carry Handle Assembly without the Aimpoint blocking/obscuring the use of the iron sights? I have called Rock River and spoke with a Tech, he was unsure of a mounting solution, but suggested the standard ring from Aimpoint. Well it too is too high, only by a couple of mm, however still not functional. One would think that RRA would have considered this upon designing the handle!? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The standard Aimpoint ring should work. It should be putting the irons in the lower half of the Aimpoint window, but you should be able to see them.

Having said that, I really dislike the so-called "tactical" carry handle. I think the best thing to do with it is take it off and use your flat top to mount optics. If you were one of the unlucky ones that bought a RRA that has this rail built in to the upper, and it isnt removable... I feel for you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
It's neither "tactical" nor a handle, the regular A2 carry handle is more versatile and useful.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#3]
As new-ARguy said, the best moutning solution is the standard Aimpoint ring would work.  I personally preferred using an aftermarket 30mm QR ring from Leupold when I had my tac handle...much better construction than the Aimpoint ring.

[img]www.auction-pix.com/lane/AimpointMnt3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got three mounted on the Aimpoint x-wide ring...no problems mounting and can clearly see the dot and the front sight.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The standard Aimpoint ring (the one that comes in left & right halves and secures with 3 screws) works, barely.  It will put the iron sights low in the Aimpoint field of view, just barely visible.  On mine, I could see the upper 2/3 of the front sight post when using the iron sights.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
For this very reason, I just shipped my "tactical handle" back to RRA - they say they're going to issue me a check...

with an eotech, mounting on top wasn't really an option... (too high to cowitness sights) so now i'm in the market for a flipup rear sight... will probably do the GG&G MAD.

So I'm handling this by returning the thing!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top