Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/28/2002 5:36:36 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has attempted to mount a compact ACOG on one of the Rock River Arms tactical carry handles. I have an Aimpoint ML2 mounted now but I think that particular handle was designed for the Aimpoint.

Also, the reason that I want to replace the Aimpoint is because I'm looking ofr something with some magnification so I can reach out a little further. My eyes aren't that great. I was considering a compact ACOG with the 3X magnification maybe with a red or amber triangle.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:12:48 AM EDT
Sydney, The Rock River Arms Tactical Carry Handle is indeed designed to be used with the Aimpoint. IF you want to mount a compact ACOG, remove the tactical carry handle, and use a Trijicon TA60 Compact ACOG adapter right on the flattop. Donnie Pridemore [url]www.sableco.net[/url]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:28:52 AM EDT
Donnie Thanks for your reply. I can't remove the handle as it is one of the rifles that has it permanently mounted to the receiver. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:01:43 AM EDT
DOH! I always thought those Tac Carry handles were a bad idea. I thought the ones that were not removable and actually a part of the upper were even a worse idea. Now you know why. [:(]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 2:35:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:38:53 AM EDT
The only negative that you may find from the ACOG if you have eye trouble is that the reticle may be a little hazy for optimum distance accuracy. I was hoping that I could shoot without glasses with the ACOG and it would provide the "fix" for my eyes. I still can shoot it accuratly without glasses but if I want to be the most accurate then I need to wear them. Maybe one day someone will make a snap on lens that will correct the view to my prescription and then I won't have to wear glasses!! Don't worry that it won't work well though. I use mine without glasses all the time and have no trouble.
Top Top