Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2002 8:28:07 AM EDT
OK!  On the SIR. the portion over the barrel is elevated above the rest of the  unit.  The long front rail that extends from the reciever mounting to the front sight post.  It appears it has a screw and a hinge a the other end.  What is this for?  Can you remove it or flip it over?  I notice there is writing on the underneath indicating where a PEQ-2 can go.  Do you just turn this rail over for that and keep it the other way for other types of mounts?  ARMS gave me no directions other than how to mount the SIR so just curious.  THanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You answered your own question, it's for mounting of a PEQ-2 laser designator. Unless your installing one, (which most civies have no use for) just leave things as they came.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't believe the SIR mounts to the front sight.  That would prevent it from free-floating the barrel, which it does.  Don't know about the other questions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!!!!!  I figured as much.  Also, No the SIR does'nt mount to the front sight just butts up to it(close to it) it does free float.  Sorry for the confusion.  Thats what happens when you write too long a post...:)
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yea!  No Peq-2 here!  I can by alot of ammo for the price of one of those things........Horik
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I put a drop of LockTite on that screw as it loosens when firing.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had probably about 1000 rounds through my SIR since buying it. Probably 1/3 of which has been on full auto. The PEQ2 mount screw has never come loose on mine. I did, however, tighten it up before use the first time.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top