AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They do drop mags partially loaded all the time, that was one of the posts Henderson defense made.  25 rounds loaded dropped from 4 feet on a concrete floor (since their packages come with 25 rounds).  I'm sorry you have a hard time accepting the truth.

I bet when you are dropping your "partially loaded mags", it's for a mag changes and the mags have less than 10 rounds left in them, and they are not being dropped onto concrete.  Still less abuse than Henderson.

I know that in the latest magazine test the marines did, the tan follower USGI mags came in at a close #2 behind the Pmags in most of the tests, and even came in at #1 in one of them.  Statistically speaking, there is no difference in reliability.  But the USGI mags are much better in longevity (of spring cycles / compression length and integrity of materials long term), and durability in my, and Hendersondefense's, experiences.
View Quote
Aren't the tan follower mags and the Surefeed E2 essentially pretty much the same mag?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The springs are pretty much the same, the followers are slightly different (the tans are less anti tip than the Surefeed blue) and the Surefeed's new slanted feedlip design is different (might add feed reliability but impact strength).
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The springs are pretty much the same, the followers are slightly different (the tans are less anti tip than the Surefeed blue) and the Surefeed's new slanted feedlip design is different (might add feed reliability but impact strength).
View Quote
Do you mean add impact strength?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
No, the less material on the lips would lessen impact strength.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Double post
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No, the less material on the lips would lessen impact strength.
View Quote
That makes sense.  You typically don't gain something without sacrificing something.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
These E2s stack the rounds opposite other AR magazines with MP Followers. The 30th round is on the LEFT.

I wonder why they did that?

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#8]
That change to first round on the right happened with the tan follower GI mag and remained that way with the blue follower in the EPM. The E2 is just continuing that orientation.

Some people have accused the government of making that change because they were copying the design of Magpul’s enhanced follower and switched the hump to get around the patent. I’m skeptical.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That change to first round on the right happened with the tan follower GI mag and remained that way with the blue follower in the EPM. The E2 is just continuing that orientation.

Some people have accused the government of making that change because they were copying the design of Magpul’s enhanced follower and switched the hump to get around the patent. I’m skeptical.
View Quote
When I loaded the mag I thought that I put 31 rounds in before I realized that the hump was reversed. I'm just used to it being the other way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I ran my new OKAY E2 mag today. I loaded it three times to full capacity and it ran flawlessly. Very nice mag. I will be purchasing more.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I ran my new OKAY E2 mag today. I loaded it three times to full capacity and it ran flawlessly. Very nice mag. I will be purchasing more.
View Quote
What finish on the mag are you running?  Black, FDE or dry lube film?  Curious because I want to pick up some E2s myself and have always prefered dry lube film.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Dry lube.because the other Teflon colors were out of stock when I ordered.

Actually the dry lube really isn't bad but it has the deep scratches from the insertion gauge.

I posted pictures of my mag on page 1.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#13]
My experience with dry lube on magazines is that over time, once exposed to air, the coating tends to meld with the metal and become almost a teflon like coating.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a 6 pack of the dry film because I'm impressed and the dry film coating isn't that bad.

Besides, I care about how they function more than how they look.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a really nice, quality mag.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:36:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd say the overwhelming vast majority of AR owners shoot from a bench, so it makes sense to lean towards the Aluminum Magazines.

Again, I like PMags. I have 4 in my range rotation mags.( 2 gen 1, a gen 2 and a gen 3) and I've had no problems so far..

I also have a Daniel Defense 32 rounder and a couple of D@H and Okay that have also functioned fine.
View Quote
How much usage have your Daniels been put thru compared to your others?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How much usage have your Daniels been put thru compared to your others?
View Quote
Not much.

I got it for free from DD and added it to my range mag rotation.

I'm not that impressed and not planning on buying any.

I think it's basically an overpriced  but not as good Pmag Knockoff

That said, it seems to work good so far.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not much.

I got it for free from DD and added it to my range mag rotation.

I'm not that impressed and not planning on buying any.

I think it's basically an overpriced  but not as good Pmag Knockoff

That said, it seems to work good so far.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#20]
My 6 pack is still in transit.

I've discovered that when you order the 6 pack deal; they use FedEx Ground which is VERY slow shipping.

If you're not in any hurry though, it's a great deal. $10.00 each; shipped.

I got my one to try via USPS; which was fairly quick
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My 6 pack is still in transit.

I've discovered that when you order the 6 pack deal; they use FedEx Ground which is VERY slow shipping.

If you're not in any hurry though, it's a great deal. $10.00 each; shipped.

I got my one to try via USPS; which was fairly quick
View Quote
Was this Botach?

If so, yeah it's pretty slow... I ordered a 6 pack of the E2 mags in dry film lube about a week ago and they won't be here until the 16th.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Karen and I got 21 of the dry lube e2's.  So far it's the only mag that feeds flawlessly, inserts with no issues, and drops free when empty or full in all our AR pattern rifles.  We have an Anderson lower, del-ton lower, and my fussy AR180b plastic and AR18s aluminum nodak spud rifles.  The pmags never worked right in the 180b/18s rifles, and occasionally had drop free issues in Karen's Del-ton.  We really need mags that work consistently in all rifles.  So the pmags have been pulled and will be given/sold away.  Ymmv.

David
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Karen and I got 21 of the dry lube e2's.  So far it's the only mag that feeds flawlessly, inserts with no issues, and drops free when empty or full in all our AR pattern rifles.  We have an Anderson lower, del-ton lower, and my fussy AR180b plastic and AR18s aluminum nodak spud rifles.  The pmags never worked right in the 180b/18s rifles, and occasionally had drop free issues in Karen's Del-ton.  We really need mags that work consistently in all rifles.  So the pmags have been pulled and will be given/sold away.  Ymmv.

David
View Quote
What other brand mags have you tried?

Have you tried D@H Mags?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Was this Botach?

If so, yeah it's pretty slow... I ordered a 6 pack of the E2 mags in dry film lube about a week ago and they won't be here until the 16th.
View Quote
Yep. Botach.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Tried d&h, have some c-products.  The d&h worked in all but the bitches(aka the fussy 180b/18s).  I love those rifles but they can be taxing!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yep. Botach.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was this Botach?

Yep. Botach.
At least they ship to you. Placed an order for 6 and received a call a week later saying their “policy” won’t allow them to ship to AK...
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

At least they ship to you. Placed an order for 6 and received a call a week later saying their “policy” won’t allow them to ship to AK...
View Quote
Why the hell not?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 3:47:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Break my heart!  I've been trying to clear some $ to order some E2s and other mags from Botach.  Thanks for the heads up.

Living in AK does have its challenges.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#30]
For those that don't mind the extra weight, the Italian military steel mags sold on Beretta's website have gotten good reviews. They're a bit expensive, though, so wait for a sale.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my 6 pack of E2s today. Oh yeah!

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Got my 6 pack of E2s today. Oh yeah!

https://i.ibb.co/wJ60C9k/IMG-20190116-163540308.jpg
View Quote
I got mine yesterday and they look the same, I didn't really like the thin bubble wrap pouch that Botach sent them in though. One of the mags looks like it may have received some damage on the rear of it's right side feed lip, so I'll be testing that one out first.

I received a box of 12 of the standard Okay mags last week from Weapon Outfitters and it was very well packed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For those that don't mind the extra weight, the Italian military steel mags sold on Beretta's website have gotten good reviews. They're a bit expensive, though, so wait for a sale.
View Quote
I have six more coming to go with the other three that I have. I'll have ten when I get a second ARX-100.

I'm not looking forward to cleaning off the cosmoline though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I got mine yesterday and they look the same, I didn't really like the thin bubble wrap pouch that Botach sent them in though. One of the mags looks like it may have received some damage on the rear of it's right side feed lip, so I'll be testing that one out first.

I received a box of 12 of the standard Okay mags last week from Weapon Outfitters and it was very well packed.
View Quote
I didn't like how they shipped them either but  evidently that's one of the things that help keep the cost down.

The cheap packaging along with the slow shipping.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I bought some a while back. I haven’t tried them yet but they look good.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice .

The black Teflon looks good. No scuff marks like the dry film.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:48:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I didn't like how they shipped them either but  evidently that's one of the things that help keep the cost down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, no shipping or sales tax and their six pack pricing might make loosing one to damage along the way worth it i guess.

I just ordered six Lancer mags from them too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#38]
I just ordered 30 more from botach. I like them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just ordered 30 more from botach. I like them.
View Quote
AFAIK, they only ones in stock are the dry film.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like the dry film.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
FDE 6pk E2s are $59 in stock
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a 15 day wait on the FDE, so they aren't in stock.

Besides, unless you were in the desert with a FDE rifle; I don't see the use for FDE Mags.

Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Besides, unless you were in the desert with a FDE rifle; I don't see the use for FDE Mags.

Just my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my opinion.
Do you even #fdeallthethings on Instagram?  Bro?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Do you even #fdeallthethings on Instagram?  Bro?  
View Quote
Edited.

I just looked it up.

I guess you could do that. I just never thought of Using FDE mags to nske a two tone firearm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#45]
It kind of looks like Botach has the Tan E2 6-packs in stock, but it may be that they’re taking orders anticipating getting them restocked soon. Hard to tell with them sometimes...

Edit: Never mind - I see the delayed shipping now. Still worth ordering, in my opinion, but I’m never in a rush to get things.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I think I'm going to wait until they have the black back in stock and then order some.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Botach had been showing Tan E2 6-packs for about a two months with "will ship in 10-15 days."  I ordered a the 6-pack of tan on December 5th and they immediately charged my card and sent me a FedEx tracking number.  I received nothing and the tracking never moved.  I called them last week and they said they had no date from OKAY on when they would receive the tan magazines.  The guy pretty much told me on the phone that they immediately charge customers and send them a tracking number so they won't cancel the order even though they have no idea when or if they will ever receive the product.  Well, fuck that.  I canceled my order and they did refund my money.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Botach had been showing Tan E2 6-packs for about a two months with "will ship in 10-15 days."  I ordered a the 6-pack of tan on December 5th and they immediately charged my card and sent me a FedEx tracking number.  I received nothing and the tracking never moved.  I called them last week and they said they had no date from OKAY on when they would receive the tan magazines.  The guy pretty much told me on the phone that they immediately charge customers and send them a tracking number so they won't cancel the order even though they have no idea when or if they will ever receive the product.  Well, fuck that.  I canceled my order and they did refund my money.
View Quote
Best to wait until they actually have them back in stock.

I plan on buying 6 here, 10 there, gradually. I have plenty of mags but would like to acquire more OKAY.

You can always buy them elsewhere for more money if you're in a hurry.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 3:14:37 AM EDT
[#49]
I simply ordered some for my M855A1, in dry film since it was all they had. I ordered 10 for the discount, I signed up for email updates when the Black and Tan are back in stock, I received a email telling me the black are in so I ordered 10 of those as well, waiting on the tan now. I will most likely order 10 more of each as they come back into stock, nice mags nice price, slow as hell shipping.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top