Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately, that’s pretty close to the going rate.

And I have close to one hundred of them.
View Quote
Daaaamn Gina?!  Well, to get quality you have to pay for it.  Maybe I’ll wait for a potential New Year’s sale.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered one of the Grey 30 rounders ( the only color they had in stock) to try.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, that’s pretty close to the going rate.

And I have close to one hundred of them.
View Quote
They are available from several sources on the web for around $15...plus shipping. Search Google. Nice addition to the Surefeed E2 magazine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I did not know about these new Okay E2 mags until today. Will have to order a handful and try them out in the near future. I always had good luck with my old green follower USGI Okay mags, despite still being filled with Iraqi dust.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did not know about these new Okay E2 mags until today. Will have to order a handful and try them out in the near future. I always had good luck with my old green follower USGI Okay mags, despite still being filled with Iraqi dust.
View Quote
Thanks for serving.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys wore me down.  I picked up a few.  I’ll try them out tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340387/24C75B25-8377-4FCF-B257-C499EAEBE351_jpeg-821324.JPG
View Quote
@GreenGoose

Are those Magpul L baseplates?

If so, did it come with the mags?  Buy them separately?

Where did you get the mags?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340387/24C75B25-8377-4FCF-B257-C499EAEBE351_jpeg-821324.JPG
View Quote
Please let us know what you think of them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@GreenGoose

View Quote
Yes, Magpul L-Plates.  I put them on all of my metal mags.  I purchased them separately.  Everything was bought from Primary Arms because I got tired of waiting on Botach.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, Magpul L-Plates.  I put them on all of my metal mags.  I purchased them separately.  Everything was bought from Primary Arms because I got tired of waiting on Botach.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@GreenGoose

Thank you.  I just bought some L-Plates as well to try out with the same mags.  I have some mags with the other Magpul baseplates but this looks more compact.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm happy enough with the normal ones. What's the allure of these?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm happy enough with the normal ones... so at that price, I don't see the allure.
View Quote
The E2s are only $1.00 more at Botach than the regular Surefeed Mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm happy enough with the normal ones... so at that price, I don't see the allure.
I realized that after posting, initially I thought I read $20/each and was like WTH are they made of silver?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I shot 540 rounds through six Surefeed E2’s.  They ran flawlessly as expected.  Shot fine magazine prone, locked back on last shot, and dropped freely from the KAC lower I was shooting.  I didn’t expect anything less.  I’ll probably pick up a case of 100 once Botach has them back in stock.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I shot 540 rounds through six Surefeed E2’s.  They ran flawlessly as expected.  Shot fine magazine prone, locked back on last shot, and dropped freely from the KAC lower I was shooting.  I didn’t expect anything less.  I’ll probably pick up a case of 100 once Botach has them back in stock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340387/AC30E48F-1E3B-4BE9-94DA-61204D6C9607_jpeg-823630.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340387/EEA00F67-D9FF-4138-A23C-4593C383FDD8_jpeg-823632.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340387/2D80BD51-FC6D-43F8-A8FC-9E6BFB4067E4_jpeg-823633.JPG
View Quote
Nice.

I'm enjoying mine too. Used a couple today at the range.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a bunch to try when its over 10 degrees outside.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a bunch to try when its over 10 degrees outside.
View Quote
I have a bunch to try in a few days when it's -16deg outside. That will be a legit test for weapon and mag.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Botach...has e2 okay mags back in stock, 6 packs for 59 shipped!!!!!!!

Get some!!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Get some!!!!
View Quote
Got me another 6 pack in Black Teflon this time.

Almost gone. You snooze, you lose!

ETA: I am supposed to be on the email notification to when they were back in stock. So much for their notification system. If I didn't happen to see toolys post, I would have missed out.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a question. What type of anti tilt follower is installed in the regular Surefeed Mags  sold by Botach?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Get some!!!!
View Quote
They are down to 356 of the Black E2's.  I just ordered 20 more about 3 hours ago and they were still in the 400's.  This morning it was showing like 650 so they are going fast.  10 or more is $10 each and you can get free shipping. 20 E2 Mags for $200 shipped, can't beat that with a stick.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They are down to 356 of the Black E2's.  I just ordered 20 more about 3 hours ago and they were still in the 400's.  This morning it was showing like 650 so they are going fast.  10 or more is $10 each and you can get free shipping. 20 E2 Mags for $200 shipped, can't beat that with a stick.
View Quote
You can get them for $10.00 each with free shipping; if you buy only 6.

https://www.botach.com/okay-surefeed-e2-magazines-30rd-5-56mm-or-300blk-6-pack-black/
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:29:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Got me another 6 pack in Black Teflon this time.

Almost gone. You snooze, you lose!

ETA: I am supposed to be on the email notification to when they were back in stock. So much for their notification system. If I didn't happen to see toolys post, I would have missed out.
View Quote

Real glad to help...after I ordered my 6, I dashed in here to post up the good deal. I did get the notification that's the reason I found out they where back in stock.

Last time I got ten...its crazy cause when I got the email. I rushed to buy 5 and remembered about the 6 pack...glad I checked, cause It was like 63 bucks for only 5 and the 6 pack was under 60 bucks for 6.

Cant beat it. They are nice mags for sure.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered 6 more myself. My wife would kill me if she ever counted my mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#27]
I ordered a dozen of the black last night.  There were over 300 left. I have had great luck with regular Okay's.  Looking forward to getting these.

Edit......just looked again and they have 266 left.  Go get'em boys.  Before I have to make another order  
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just ordered 6 more myself. My wife would kill me if she ever counted my mags.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just got a dozen of the black E2s delivered today, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to test them.

They definitely look and feel like a quality mag.
View Quote
Do you find those bumps on the outside of the mag obtrusive at all or any issues fitting into magazine pouches?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you find those bumps on the outside of the mag obtrusive at all or any issues fitting into magazine pouches?
View Quote
I know you asked VA gunnut but I haven't tried them in mag pouches yet but to be honest I barely notice the bumps when handling them.

I don't think it will be any issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I know you asked VA gunnut but I haven't tried them in mag pouches yet but to be honest I barely notice the bumps when handling them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank man !!
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They worked fine in all the pouches I tried them in.

Now if I could get out to the range for some shooting tests, that would be great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got a dozen of the black E2s delivered today, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to test them.

They definitely look and feel like a quality mag.
They worked fine in all the pouches I tried them in.

Now if I could get out to the range for some shooting tests, that would be great.
Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#34]
First time hearing about E2 mags, and so far it sounds like a winner.

Gotta get some for myself to try out. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Got my mags from botach today, all are good to go. They all dropped free.

All dated 2/18.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got my mags from botach today, all are good to go. They all dropped free.

All dated 2/18.
View Quote
I figured they would drop free as mine do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I ordered a dozen of the black last night.  There were over 300 left. I have had great luck with regular Okay's.  Looking forward to getting these.

Edit......just looked again and they have 266 left.  Go get'em boys.  Before I have to make another order  
View Quote
They are down to 30 of the black ones.  I ordered 20 of them yesterday.

https://www.botach.com/okay-surefeed-e2-magazines-30rd-5-56mm-or-300blk/
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I figured they would drop free as mine do.
View Quote
Good deal man, I seen ya had some issues with the pmags. Saw on my nest door bell the rat bastard fed ex asshole dropped my shit on the stoop.

Nothing happened...wish they would've put them in a damn box cause people like this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I received my 6 pack in black.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, I do prefer the Black Teflon

However the dry film aren't bad either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 2:11:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I received my 6 pack in black.

From a purely cosmetic standpoint, I do prefer the Black Teflon

However the dry film aren't bad either.
View Quote
Dry film E2s show way more wear and tear....mine haven't even been used yet and look battle worn.

Oddly enough my OG surefeed dry film mags don't get beat up like that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Dry film E2s show way more wear and tear....mine haven't even been used yet and look battle worn.

Oddly enough my OG surefeed dry film mags don't get beat up like that.
View Quote
I was advised to put a coat of oil on them and they actually look better.

The insertion gauge that they use to test the mags is what scuffs the film. The Teflon holds up much better. I have 12 year old Teflon  Coated Mags that look better than my recently bought gray dry film E2s.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I think it’s just all the texture on the E2 mags - the raised bumps and Surefeed letters - that are rubbing together during shipping and giving the dry lube that shiny, worn look. The standard mags are relatively smooth by comparison.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think it’s just all the texture on the E2 mags - the raised bumps and Surefeed letters - that are rubbing together during shipping and giving the dry lube that shiny, worn look. The standard mags are relatively smooth by comparison.
View Quote
The overwhelming vast majority of wear is at the top of the mag; where it's put into the. insertion gauge

Edited to add pics.

Check it out.

Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, there's that too. And when it comes down to it...it's a mag that I'm going to use and abuse so to speak. So looks are secondary, just a minor observation.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#45]
May have to try a few.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The overwhelming vast majority of wear is at the top of the mag; where it's put into the. insertion gauge
View Quote
My three have shiny areas like that, but they’re almost all just spots where the finish was “buffed” by the insertion testing and catch the light so they look like bare metal. They’re just shiner parts in the overall gray finish. I only found a few tiny spots that are actual scratches down to the aluminum, most on the edges of the rear spine.

I finally had the chance to go to the range after a six month hiatus and test one of my E2s. I only had time to shoot a hundred rounds because I wanted to function test my Bushmaster XM15-E2S that I just recently overhauled and then moved on to a pistol. This was, as we like to say here, only a sample size of one, with one load of 30 rounds through it, but I ran into a little surprising difficulty, unfortunately. Ammunition was a Walmart Federal value pack of 55 gr .223. I shot, in order, a 20-round TangoDown ARC, a 20-round Lancer, an old Gen 1 PMAG, and a Black E2 mag. This was the first time using the TD ARC and the E2. The E2S had been loaded with IMI M193 for six more months, but I switched it out for the .223 this morning because I haven’t had the Bushmaster gauged for 5.56 yet and wanted to play it safe.

The first three mags went smoothly, but about 15 rounds into the E2, it felt like the bolt had locked back. When I checked the chamber, I saw that it had tried to feed a round but jammed the tip of the round into the flat face of the receiver below the feed ramps. I had forgotten that the Bushmaster doesn’t have M4 feed ramps. I locked the bolt back, dropped the mag, and reloaded. In the last 15 rounds, it misfed like that two more times, although one time the bolt went forward and finished chambering the round when I wiggled the magazine. The last five rounds or so functioned fine. Not sure what’s going on, but I’m not confident in this Bushmaster, so I’m not going to blame the mag yet. M4 feedramps help but shouldn’t be necessary for reliable feeding. I’m going to keep putting rounds through this mag in this rifle and others and see if it happens again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My three have shiny areas like that, but they’re almost all just spots where the finish was “buffed” by the insertion testing and catch the light so they look like bare metal. They’re just shiner parts in the overall gray finish. I only found a few tiny spots that are actual scratches down to the aluminum, most on the edges of the rear spine.

I finally had the chance to go to the range after a six month hiatus and test one of my E2s. I only had time to shoot a hundred rounds because I wanted to function test my Bushmaster XM15-E2S that I just recently overhauled and then moved on to a pistol. This was, as we like to say here, only a sample size of one, with one load of 30 rounds through it, but I ran into a little surprising difficulty, unfortunately. Ammunition was a Walmart Federal value pack of 55 gr .223. I shot, in order, a 20-round TangoDown ARC, a 20-round Lancer, an old Gen 1 PMAG, and a Black E2 mag. This was the first time using the TD ARC and the E2. The E2S had been loaded with IMI M193 for six more months, but I switched it out for the .223 this morning because I haven’t had the Bushmaster gauged for 5.56 yet and wanted to play it safe.

The first three mags went smoothly, but about 15 rounds into the E2, it felt like the bolt had locked back. When I checked the chamber, I saw that it had tried to feed a round but jammed the tip of the round into the flat face of the receiver below the feed ramps. I had forgotten that the Bushmaster doesn’t have M4 feed ramps. I locked the bolt back, dropped the mag, and reloaded. In the last 15 rounds, it misfed like that two more times, although one time the bolt went forward and finished chambering the round when I wiggled the magazine. The last five rounds or so functioned fine. Not sure what’s going on, but I’m not confident in this Bushmaster, so I’m not going to blame the mag yet. M4 feedramps help but shouldn’t be necessary for reliable feeding. I’m going to keep putting rounds through this mag in this rifle and others and see if it happens again.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/AD2CBD5C-0B13-4E6C-9AE7-3732D7D8E2D4_jpeg-846560.JPG
View Quote
I didn't want to mention anything until I ruled out other possible causes but I actually experienced the exact same thing with one of my E2s last weekend.

I was shooting a 20 inch Bushmaster Upper (with rifle feedramps) with a Rebel Arms Lower that I assembled myself.

Perhaps the E2 Magazine doesn't do so well with rifle feedramps?

I did shoot 30 rounds flawlessly from another E2 mag in the same rifle; on the same day.

The other mags that I used that day were.two D@H and two gen 2 PMags. They all worked flawlessly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I didn't want to mention anything until I ruled out other possible causes but I actually experienced the exact same thing with one of my E2s last weekend.

I was shooting a 20 inch Bushmaster Upper (with rifle feedramps) with a Rebel Arms Lower that I assembled myself.

I did shoot 30 rounds flawlessly from another E2 mag in the same rifle; on the same day.

The other mags that I used that day were.two D@H and two gen 2 PMags. They all worked flawlessly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/27888/AD2CBD5C-0B13-4E6C-9AE7-3732D7D8E2D4_jpeg-846560.JPG

Well shoot, after reading these I’m wondering if I should grab the regular Okay’s instead of the E2’s...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Im sure the new ones are good to go.
Id call and let them know whats up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well shoot, after reading these I’m wondering if I should grab the regular Okay’s instead of the E2’s...
View Quote
I'm not rushing to judgement. I ran the mags in another rifle and they functioned flawlessly. It could have been something I did that caused the malfunction.
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top