Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2017 2:21:47 AM EDT
the pmag gen3, hex mags gen 1, ETS mags fit some perfectly and too tight on others.

the lancer, magpul gen2 (and earlier) and GI mags i use fit ALL of my rifles.  (so these are what i use as mags ready for SHTF).

but i do have a significant number of gen3's, hex mags and ETS mags i want to use for the range.

my question is, what part of the magazine do i dremel or sand to ensure a good fit?

all around?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of the mag goes into the magwell?

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What part of the mag goes into the magwell?

View Quote
obviously it's one of the sides of the mag that goes in the magwell ... but i was hoping it was just one side or a single straight line.

when you have scores of mags, you'd like to do just what is necessary.

if not necessary, why thin out all the sides?

i guess you never need to ask questions because you know everything.  good on ya.  if you only have sarcastic questions and don't have an answer, please move on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
If it was me, I would put something like lipstick in my magwell. Insert mag and it will show you the high spots.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If it was me, I would put something like lipstick in my magwell. Insert mag and it will show you the high spots.
View Quote
thats a good idea!  thank you
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Had this problem with an anderson lower. They ended up replacing it for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Had this problem with an anderson lower. They ended up replacing it for me.
View Quote
i said the same thing to one of my lower's manufacturers.  they said, if a milspec GI mag fits and drops properly ... then there isn't an issue with the lower.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
More than likely tolerance stacking. I had a Spikes lower do that to some Center Ind mags and a PMAG here and there. Ended up selling the lower and have no issues with my Anderson and SAA lower.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a JD Machine Tech lower, 2 BCM lowers and a former 80% lower. My JD Machine lower seems to be slightly tighter than the others, as I've had multiple USGI mags that wont insert without force and/or not drop free. Those mags have nothing visually wrong with them either, and they will drop free in all my other lowers, and will work fine in my buddy's Colt LE6920 lower. All PMAGs and Lancers I have will work just fine though.

If a USGI mag doesn't fit in the JD Machine lower, I get my rubber hammer and lightly hit the areas I can feel are causing the friction until it drops free. Works great afterwards.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I know my 10 round PMAGs fit really tight in my RPR at first. They worn in with use and fit fine now.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top