Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2017 2:51:03 PM EDT
Where can I find 20 new factory Colt magazines? I need them to either have the new tan bodies and blue followers or the last gen. that had the tan followers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You're gonna have a hard time with that.  

Center Industries has the contract for the new tan w/blue follower.  

There are reports of tan follower Colt mags, but I haven't seen any personally.   Center, Brownells, and a few Okays are the tan followers I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the response. After researching, it looks like BCM is going to have the closest match and be most reliable for aluminum magazines. The Gen3 Pmags are the "USGI" mags for the Marine Corp and Army now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay's are the best usgi aluminum mags made IMHO.  Iirc they made/make the Colt branded mags as well as the nhtmg mags when they were around. Okay mags are all I buy anymore.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the response. After researching, it looks like BCM is going to have the closest match and be most reliable for aluminum magazines. The Gen3 Pmags are the "USGI" mags for the Marine Corp and Army now.
View Quote
BCM's magazines are made by D&H with BCM baseplates to "brand" them. D&H does that for a lot of different companies, like Palmetto State Armory and, I just discovered, Noveske. I know a lot of people like D&H, but I haven't been impressed with their construction, putting them next to a true GI magazine like Okay or Colt. They seem a little bit thinner (or made of lighter aluminum), and the spine and other seams seem a bit sloppy to me.

The Army hasn't adopted PMAGs yet, although it's possible to order them through the Class IX system using the NSN printed on the magazine. The standard Army magazine is the brown Enhanced Performance Magazine (EPM) right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I like Okays and Centers for g.i. mags.   The Brownells are probably just as good, but I just don't like 'em for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BCM's magazines are made by D&H with BCM baseplates to "brand" them. D&H does that for a lot of different companies, like Palmetto State Armory and, I just discovered, Noveske. I know a lot of people like D&H, but I haven't been impressed with their construction, putting them next to a true GI magazine like Okay or Colt. They seem a little bit thinner (or made of lighter aluminum), and the spine and other seams seem a bit sloppy to me.
View Quote
D&H is the old Labelle brand which was a USGI supplier. Interesting that you've had issues. But they could have changed their manufacturing process since they're no longer a contractor.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Just FYI you don't need fancy followers in the straight 20 round mags.

The lack of curvature negates the need for a "no tilt" follower.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#8]
They don't even work with anti-tilt followers.  It'll bind up around 15-16 rounds.  

The case has a taper, the mag body has to curve, or the follower has to tilt.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
This mag design is pretty much perfected. I have many different types. All are reliable. I even use real Nam era 20s and have yet to see an issue.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top