BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:56:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a bunch of them and they ALL work fine.

and NO they weren't made by D&H,  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I still see those 7 packs for sale at the shows.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have about 40 thirties and 20 twenties, and the twenties are what I use for range work all the time. Nary a flaw or a hiccup.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The absolutely won't work without a Magpul follower
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I know you jest, but I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that John Masen sells replacement Alloy followers for the 20s.  For anyone who wants to replace their black plastic followers that is your best option.

www.johnmasen.com

Futuristic
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
BEST MAGS EVER MADE PERIOD!!

I have the Colt metal followers and Adventure Line!

Lots better than the 12-05 D&H 20 rounders That I bought!

Papafoxtrot I like your THINKING
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you jest, but I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that John Masen sells replacement Alloy followers for the 20s.  For anyone who wants to replace their black plastic followers that is your best option.

www.johnmasen.com

Futuristic

Although my Colt 20 rounders are in good condition the Followers  LOOK  UGLY ? But since they work I will keep them as is!

Thanks for leting us guys know about it!

I had no IDEA
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BEST MAGS EVER MADE PERIOD!!

I have the Colt metal followers and Adventure Line!

hr

+1

The 20rd w/ alloy followers ROCK HARD!!!!  Love 'em!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to admit the problems with the 30's got me thinking about picking up some 20's.  A friend of mine sent me 4 Colt 20's with alloy followers last year.  I was talking to him tonight and he's gonna send me 4 more Colt 20's with alloy followers.  I'll have to put together some AR stuff to send him as thanks.

Still very interested in some NIW Adventurelines.   Yep, I'm a mag whore.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Will those work in the 20 round NHMTG mags with the black followers?  If so, I'll take 17...

TS
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#11]
The John Masen Alloy Followers will work in the 20 round NHMTG , i use them in my NHMTG mags ...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The John Masen Alloy Followers will work in the 20 round NHMTG , i use them in my NHMTG mags ...

Thanks!

TS
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Although my Colt 20 rounders are in good condition the Followers  LOOK  UGLY ? But since they work I will keep them as is!

Thanks for leting us guys know about it!

I had no IDEA

If needed a wire wheel does wonders for an older alloy follower.  I don't really care what they look like but I had them all apart and the wire wheel was right there so....
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.johnmasen.com

Futuristic

Wow, someone with a sense of humor. Pretty rare on this board.  Usually if you make a joke about Magpul it is the equivalent of flushing a holy book (you know what I mean) down the toilet.  I agree with the John Masen's,they appear identical to the USGIs although I have never had a problem with the plastic followers and really don't know if the alloys are really better or just seem that way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought the New D&H 20 rounders with green followers because of the PRICE!

If you are a Die Hard Fan of the OLD COLT/USGI 20 rounder you wont like the D&H!
save the cash for ammo
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#16]

If needed a wire wheel does wonders for an older alloy follower.  I don't really care what they look like but I had them all apart and the wire wheel was right there so....

Could you please explain?

I don´t get it, perhaps my English is not good enough?

What´s the problem with alloy followers? Do they break??

Thanks, H
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I believe he means a wire wheel on a dremel-type tool, grinder or sander  to get the "corrosion" off of them...

TS
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
It shines them right up....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How does the quality of the NHMTGs with the Masen followers compare to the original 20 rounders? Any feeding problems?

I love the old Colt (Universal Industries?) mags, but everytime I find some at a funshow, the dealers always act like they are some super rare collectible, even the 5.56 marked ones. They always want more than $17.50, so I might have to grab a few of these.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I have not had any problems with , My 20 Round NHMTGs with the Masen followers , all of them work just like the old 20 round usgi mags that i have ....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a couple of boxes of never-issued Adventure Line magazines from about 1970 vintage.  So far I've only run into two negatives with them.

1. The little rivets on the front hung up in my CAV-15 Mk2 lower and prevented the magazines from dropping free as they should.  Cavalry Arms suggested using newer magazines without the rivets.    I instead used a rat-tail file to make a slight groove inside the magazine well so the rivets would have clearance.

2. The springs feel distinctly weaker than the springs in new C Products "AR-Stoner" 20-rd magazines.  I have had a few malfunctions that might possibly be linked to weak springs, but they're sporadic and I'm still investigating that.  I have also ordered a few Wolff extra-power magazine springs to test and see if that makes any difference.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:20:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I've found that the Black followers in the NHMTG mags are just fine.  They are primo mags as is.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top