Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:08:47 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a "jungle clip," i.e., a device to attach two mags together. Any suggestions?

There are a couple listed here. The Mag Cinch looks OK, though I don't like the configuration in the pic. Prefer to be able to use my bolt release. Looks like you might be able to lower the spare mag to enable the use of the bolt release, though.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't waste your money, the recoil works the top rnd forward and possibly even sends it flying out of the extra mag. I wasted forty bucks learning this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#2]
they seem like a good idea until you use one.  They are more of a hassle than they are useful.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I keep one in the safe in case I need it to grab and go. It is at best a compromise. I have the Israeli one that is made of spring metal and tilts one out slightly. A little gaffers tape around the base of them and it all holds together well.

I have never experienced the round out of the top from recoil problem.

Bob
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm in the market for a "jungle clip," i.e., a device to attach two mags together. Any suggestions?

There are a couple listed here. The Mag Cinch looks OK, though I don't like the configuration in the pic. Prefer to be able to use my bolt release. Looks like you might be able to lower the spare mag to enable the use of the bolt release, though.

www.gunaccessories.com/AR15/mc11.jpg

You can still use the bolt release with the spare mag in place.
I just went and double checked, to be certain.

I have one for the same reason as Ky_Bob.
I keep a dust cover on the spare mag.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I keep one in the safe in case I need it to grab and go. It is at best a compromise. I have the Israeli one that is made of spring metal and tilts one out slightly. A little gaffers tape around the base of them and it all holds together well.

I have never experienced the round out of the top from recoil problem.

Bob

This is why I want it. It will most likely sit in the closet 99% of the time. They're cheap enough that I'll try one out despite the negative responses. I have a stock mag pouch that's OK, but not ideal either.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They're cheap enough that I'll try one out despite the negative responses. I have a stock mag pouch that's OK, but not ideal either.

I'd rather have a mag-cinch, or similar, than a buttstock mag pounch. Simply because the cinch is only there when I'm using it. And, they're generally cheaper. And they don't mess with weak side shooting.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top