Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:45:00 PM EDT
anyone else think about painting the top inch or two of a mag bright flourescent orange or something highly visible so they can find the suckers after running around shooting steel targets.

often i blow through 4 or 5 mags on a drill (im weird, sometimes i only load 4 or 5 rounds in a mag when shooting steel so that i can get used to reloading, it also is fun to load random numbers of rounds into mags so as to be surprised when i run dry, nothing like repetition for the mind) and it takes awhile to find them all after. I move a lot, shoot prone, kneeling standing etc.

its not like you would see the paint while they are in the weapon or on my vest . finding my mags is a pain because they are all painted camo tan and green to match my surroundings so i think this might help.

dont tell me to buy a dump pouch. lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 10:44:22 PM EDT by txgp17]
buy a dump pouch

Or use Orange Gen II Magpul followers. Or paint the entire bottom half of the mag a loud color. Use them for training so they give away your position when you're doing uber tactical stalks of your victims.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:09:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 10:11:14 PM EDT by 10-100]
yea but i dont want to run a dump pouch. drop the mag thats in the weapon, shove the next one home. simple.

but hey i dont really want to argue benefits of a dump pouch versus dropping mags on the ground.

this is just so i can find the mags after i shoot at the range. i dont want to change how i shoot or reload to make it easier to find mags when i can just paint the part that fits in the magwell orange.

real life situation i wouldnt care about finding the mags later because it would be over pretty fast and i dont carry stripper clips or loose ammo. i have many mags on my plate carrier so even if i perform a tactical reload im dropping the mag on the ground versus back in a pouch for later use.

finding my mags where i shoot though is a pain in the azz sometimes.

i guess i could mow.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:39:22 PM EDT
+1 on the bright magpul followers somewhat of a dual purpose follower

i have the fist gen pink ones.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:55:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 6:15:42 PM EDT by MrMojoRising]
If you don't want to paint them you could always run a band of bright DayGlo type duct tape around the bottom. If it doesn't work out just peel it off, no harm no foul.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:49:17 PM EDT
yea i might try that. i spend more time looking for the mags after running thru something than i do actually running thru it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:50:35 PM EDT
Top Top