Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 6:30:35 PM EDT
I bought two twenty round magazines and  H&K and Magpul thirty round mag.   My problem is the bushmaster clips do not work.  The bolt goes forward the round does not come out of clip. Bolt  just goes over the top of  clip.  I do not have any problems with the thirty round clips. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Bad springs in 20rd mags?  Have you tried (down)loading them to 15 or 18 rounds?

TS
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The mag vs clip Nazis are going to flame you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTMN
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
You are going to get flamed pretty badly for calling a magazine a clip.

Are the mags new or used?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
The magazines are new , one day old.  I put two rounds in them.  Not more than that.    Can not be used  because  they never worked.  I ordered new Magpul followers for them.  Hope that will fix them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The mag vs clip Nazis are going to flame you.

Sorry to go OT, but flaming people for calling them clips and not mags is BS.  On boards, at gun shows, etc. I call them mags/magazines.  In everyday life I call them clips.  Nothing like turning people off (from EBR's) by flaming them over a little incorrectness in nomenclature...  

My $.02,

TS

[/hijack]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#8]
In my opinion Magazine or clips are both correct .  According to Webster's Unabridged Dictionary definition #3 a magazine is "a supply chamber, as the space in a rifle or pistol from which the cartridges are fed..."  A clip is "a cartridge clip" or "anything that  clips or fastens".
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I would concur that AR mags are correctly 'Magazines' vs. 'clips'.  However, in common usage, the two words are interchangeable.

Flaming someone over this sort of thing is foolish.

SP

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I changed the followers in bushmaster mags.  I put in 2 nd gen orange from Magpul.  It seemed to help the feeding problem some.  When I ease bolt  forward it pushes round forward but nose of round goes down ,not up.  This only happens with Bushmaster twenty round mags.  At range today several shooters told me to pitch  Bushmaster mags and never buy any more.  They had the same problem.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would concur that AR mags are correctly 'Magazines' vs. 'clips'.  However, in common usage, the two words are interchangeable.

Flaming someone over this sort of thing is foolish.

SP

You oughta see how bad it gets on the VW discussion group! LOL
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Where can I pick up some Bushmaster clips? I thought they only sold mags....if I could get some clips, that would be bad ass....Bushmaster clips for an AR-15 are probably pretty rare
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Incoming.........................................
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:30:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Just my opinion....when you by a magazine, 20 or a 30 you should be able to lock and load and 20 or 30  rounds should fire without changing followers or tweaking the mag or anything else. If it doesn't, get it replaced at no charge. You didn't get what you paid for. That 's our policy and should be standard in the industry. Again, just my opinion.

Larry
C Products
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top