Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:29:11 PM EDT
Well guys I got a little change and was thinking about buying a beta mag. Does anybody here have experience with the clear backed ones. I am probaly going to buy five mags. Just never know when you might need them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
save your money and buy a case of new 30 rounders.
C mags are iffy when it comes to reliability.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 Beta C mags and have used a few more, Now I'm not quite sure if I would trust my life to one but  of all the ones that I have shot I have neve once had a malfunction
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They're alot of fun to plink with but I probably wouldnt want to rely on one for the SHTF.   It's huge and changes the handling of the rifle.    If you do buy 5 I'd shoot one and leave the others in the wrap.   You never know how long they'll be on the market.  

For the cost of a Cmag though you can buy 25 USGI mags for 5 mags you're looking at 125 USGI 30s.  

I wish I could buy the clear back plate for my Cmag.   It has been very reliable so far but you have to keep it well lubed.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top