Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2005 4:55:38 PM EDT
I just got 3 new D&H GI Spec 30 rders, and I was wondering if keeping the ammo in the mag for, say a month, is damaging.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:02:04 PM EDT
Nope, load 'em up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:27:03 PM EDT
Keep 'em loaded for ten years if you want.

Keeping them loaded doesn't wear out the spring...loading and unloading (shooting them) does.

Go to the #1 Gunspring Manufacurer, Wolffe, and they will explain. www.gunsprings.com

No need to ask further. This is well documented fact.

Tack
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:24:40 AM EDT
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:00:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tack:
Keep 'em loaded for ten years if you want.

Keeping them loaded doesn't wear out the spring...loading and unloading (shooting them) does.

Go to the #1 Gunspring Manufacurer, Wolffe, and they will explain. www.gunsprings.com

No need to ask further. This is well documented fact.

Tack

As a new AR fan and an OOLLLLLDDDDDD 1911 A1 fan, I can attest that what he says is TRUE. About 8 years ago, I filled 2 govt style mags with .45 ball, then put them in a baggie and left 'em where I would forget 'em, just to test this out.

I forgot 'em.

I moved from the PRK* a few months ago, to New Mexico, and unearthed them. The springs are seemingly good as new! The gov't model mags I (formerly**) used have worn out... but these were as good as the day I put 'em away.

*Peepul's Republik of Kalifornia

**I use Wilson mags now and won't put anything else in my 1911s. They get offended.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:58:43 PM EDT
7 round gi 45 mags have been loaded for over 20 years abd still worked fine.
Top Top