Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK Guys, i need some clearing up of some issues in this post. I am in Calif. and i have some mags that need to be rebuilt. Everything i have read up to date is, its perfectly legal to rebuild your high capacity mags in calif, so long as you retain one original part from the damaged or worn out mag. Is this true? Next question, are the mag bodies that brownells sells any good. IE: Reliable, drop free, ect?  Last question,,,,,,, if i rebuild these worn out damaged mags, how can i prove that they are rebuilts and not replacements of LEGAL PRE-BANS, that i aquired long before the AWB of Calif.
According to DOJ's website for Calif. " high capacity magazines are NOT controlled in Calif", What is controlled is" the sale, manufacture and importation" of high capacity mags in the state of Calif. Does this really mean, that if i bought NEW mag bodies to replace worn out or damaged mags, i wont be bothered?

the bottom line is replacement parts are perfectly legal.. many khaliforniastans have ordered parts..    brownells will tell you the same thing..
www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=22024&title=AR-15%2fM16+HIGH+CAPACITY+MAGAZINE+REBUILD+KIT
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top