Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2003 4:17:04 PM EDT
Really don't care if they're +10% or USGI.

Don't want to spend $10 (or so) apiece for ISMI's if I don't have to.

Can anyone hook me up?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
David Tubb offers replacement 20 round chrome silicon springs.  You can find them here:
[url]http://www.zediker.com/tubb/images/speedlock/slarmagspgs.html[/url]=

I have also read where you can buy replacement 30rd springs and shorten, or cut them down, for 20rd use.  This doesn't seem like the best idea but I am uncertain if it viable or not.

Anyone have any comment on shortening 30rd springs for 20rd mag use?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:43:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster sells rebuilding kits for 20 rd mags. Found their springs to be slightly longer than the Colts and that was the reason they were malfunctioning in the first place. I did in fact cut some 30 rd springs down to make them 20 rd capable,works like a charm!
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input. I checked those springs from David Tubb & their close to the same price as ISMI.

Since I'm not keen on cutting down 30 rounders I kept looking and found some here: [url=http://www.johnmasen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=1544&Category_Code=AA]johnmasen.com[/url].

I don't know anything about this place but the springs are supposed to be OEM. I'll probably order some in a few days unless someone here suggests otherwise.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=154541[/url]
Try here he will do you right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:03:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't doubt it but he doesn't do 20's.

I bought some from John Masen instead. Haven't tried them yet but they appear identical to the new OE springs I compared them with. Same length, same number of coils, same wire diameter.

I also picked up one of their repo alloy followers. Haven't tried this either, I only bought it to look at, at least for now. Haven't taken it out of the bag but it too looks identical. A lot of casting flash  but I took most of it off w/fingernail while in the pkg. May be an alternative to used originals and @ $2.50 ea your not out much.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the kind words!

Our 30rnd Chrome Silicon springs can be cut down to work with 20 round USGI mags, and still function great! We'll do it for you, if you prefer.

CS Springs are only $4.50 each!

Thanks,

Cody @ Magazine Specialties
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi Deadeye,

I tried cutting a 30 round mag spring( from an old mag that got dented) to fit it in my 20 rounder. It has performed reliably for as long as i can remeber, i also exchanged the followers, and seems to be much stronger than the old original spring because of the slightly larger spring diameter
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#9]
You can try Georgia Precision. On their web site they have mil-spec chrome silicon springs for 20s and 30s that you can buy for two bucks a pop. You kinda have to search through the site to find them. I just purchased a few of each but haven't installed them yet. Pretty good price.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top