Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 4:38:54 PM EDT
I have some Royal Ordnance SA80 mags from ammoman, one of which has too narrow a body (rounds touch on both ends and causes jams) and I am sending it back. The rest are great, except that one doesn't seem to work quite right with the LULA I have. Three of them work just fine, rotate the lever, drop one in, rotate the lever, drop one in. The one that doesn't work requires me to wiggle the LULA to get the round to sit properly before I can rotate the lever and push it into the mag. It seems to shoot okay, but I have only shot one mag through each mag (had to use a buddy's gun and he didn't have enough ammo) and it didn't have a problem at the range.

Is this indicative of a problem with the mag? Or are some just like that?

Thanks,

~AbM
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Sounds like you have used them already but I would still do a few 'break in' things to them.

Use a ruler and cycle them up and down about 20-30 times.

Them load them by hand or lula to full capacity and let them sit for two weeks or so.

This should loosen them up a bit.

Yes i use a lula on mine and sometimes you just have get it on there and not worry about if its perfect.

They are great mags especially for the price.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I have already done that after reading various "seasoning" techniques on this board. I can't tell if this one mag has any actual problems, or is just out of spec enough to mess with the LULA.

~AbM
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top