Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 6:55:22 PM EDT
I recently acquired some 20 round and 30 round mags.  Two of the 20's have a colt follower with pransing pony or whatever it is called and the body has a I over U stamped on the back.  Are these original bodies?  The follows apear to be made of aluminum. on all the 20's.

The 30s both have Adventureline  floorplates and have most of their finish with black followers.

Are these USGI mags?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Troy will have a more definitive answer, but yes, those are USGI mags.

The "UI" stamp is for Universal Industries, who made (makes?) Colt's mags.

Sounds like someone may have changed the floorplates, which is inconsequential. In the military, mags are often disassembled in big lots, cleaned, then assembled with whatever parts are grabbed out of the box.

The 20's w/alloy followers should function flawlessly. You may want to replace the black followeres with green ones from ComputerGuy in the EE.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I bought all 6 mags for $75, so it sounds like I did okay.  I will replace the two black followers in the 30's with the green follower.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Slash has been taking good notes...  [:)]

-Troy
View Quote

WOW!

[bow]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe the "UI" is "CI" which stands for Colt Industries.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe the "UI" is "CI" which stands for Colt Industries.
View Quote

The UI stands for Universal Industries, however, if you turn the magazine sideways it says CH, which means Colt Hartford.

I took notes, too. [:D]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top